“Great food and service, but....”
Review of itsu

itsu
Ranked #126 of 634 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Healthy
Moulsford on Thames, United Kingdom
“Great food and service, but....”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Found this on a day out shopping. I was ready for something to eat but nothing heavy. The selection of meat, fish and vegetable dishes was good and all at reasonable prices. The duck with pomegranate and spinach salad was delicious as was the smoked chicken with avocado and endame beans. Cannot fault the food and the service. I was disappointed with the spacing and seating bars if you eat in. They are not clearer as often as they should be and there is always a litter of trays and empty boxes left on the bars. Not great when you want to eat! I hope that they work this issue out by better communication to customers about clearing away and having enough staff on duty to ensure the eating areas are kept clear of rubbish.
Great value for money and fresh tasty food - would eat there again!

• Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
“Impressive”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We stumbled across this little gem yesterday whilst wondering around looking for a quick but healthy lunch..this really was quick and healthy, not to mention very tasty and economical! I was also impressed with the service - I have an allergy to MSG (monosodium glutamate), a chemical sometimes found in Asian takeaway food - the manager was able to reassure me that none of their food contained this, so I was one very happy customer!
I recommend their hot chicken and coconut noodle soup! My only quibble would be that I would've liked a little more chicken and noodles as I did get a little peckish again just two-three hours later, although perhaps I could've had their crispy fried seaweed too as a side-dish.
We will definitely be returning on our next trip to Oxford.

• Visited August 2014
“Good Food Dirty Tables”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We called in mid afternoon to eat in. Restaraunt was half full but busy with serving customers at the till. Downstairs was a bit hectic so we took our food upstairs, there were only 6 people upstairs. Noticeably all the dining areas were soiled with bits of food, splashes of sauce etc, from previous diners.

I.e. They just needed a spray and wipe down every hour, pretty basic stuff - both for customer experience AND hygiene.

The food was delicious and I would go again, hopefully to have somewhere clean to sit and eat.

Alicante, Spain
“Good food, good price”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I went to this restaurant in London and I liked it... So when we visited Oxford we tried again. You can eat fresh and taste food for a good price. The only drawnback is that if you want to eat the food in the restaurant you have to pay 1£ for each plate you buy.... But you always can take away and eat in a beautiful park!

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Nice Japanese food at a good Price!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We popped in to this restaurant for a quick meal and were not disappointed. Its cheap ,tasty, healthy fresh food . Being self service there is no hanging around either.

• Visited March 2014