“Bit of a waste of time and money.” 2 of 5 bubbles

The Rose Tree Restaurant
Ranked #326 of 622 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Japanese, Fusion
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: At The Rose Tree Restaurant, we are committed to bring you the best of Pan-Asian cuisine. We offer a variety of Asian menu from traditional to fusion style including Japanese,Thai and Chinese.With a passion for creativity and fresh, unique tastes. We are committed to create a fun place where you can celebrate with great food and top-notch service at a reasonable price. For us, creating a restaurant is much more than finding a location, hiring a chef and then opening the doors. It is a labor of love and an opportunity to share our passion for good food and great hospitality. Rosemary restaurant is an extension of our home and values, offering old and new friends a place to gather while they enjoy an incredible dining experience. With the perfect mix of relaxed yet professional service, stylish food,The Rose Tree Restaurant delivers the ultimate Oxford dining experience for locals and visitors to our great city.
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Bit of a waste of time and money.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Uninspired, lazy, flavourless and overcooked. I'd just put it down to bad luck or bad ordering if was just one dish that suffered, but out of the eight dishes we ordered all of them were either limp, overdone, or cold. Not really one to write reviews, but as we chose this restaurant on the strength of the favourable reviews both here and on hungry horse it seems right to balance it out. It was takeaway, the delivery was slow, but just about forgivable. Ordering was a pain too because they don't have an up to date menu up online.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Kyon H

Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“Headington's little Asian gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

This little restaurant is a delight every time we visit. I've never eaten anything I didn't like here! The menu is extensive, and I always feel I could eat anything on it! The dim sum is gorgeous, the Thai fish cakes are beautiful, the Szechuan dumplings starter is a must try, and the tea gets refilled as often as you like! There is a different menu for lunch and for the evening, and from what I can tell everything is freshly (and beautifully) cooked. The atmosphere is restful, the staff are polite and courteous, and the whole experience is one I would recommend, and one that has kept us coming back!

1 Thank Alison F
dor41
“If your going to be hungry in two hours your ok”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I'm staying at Churchill hospital, and I'm going to be in a while so as a treat we have a a takeaway on a Saturday evening, we ordered the food at 7.10 and were told 30 to 40 minutes, my husband went down only to be told another two minutes, we finally got the food at 8.45. We did get an apology but no discount whatsoever, if I'd have been there we'd have got it free as I would have refused to pay. The food was plentiful and tasty, the other criticism we had was the salt and pepper ribs were deep fried in batter? Never experienced this before and it made them too greasy. Would I use them again, only if I was desperate, I think there are enough take always in oxford to get a good one that can deliver. Poor show I feel. Should have discounted to prove their worth.

• Visited December 2013