“Always beautiful”

Oli's Thai
Ranked #10 of 742 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Small thai restaurant. Bookings essential.
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Although taking like 3 months to get a table. It's always worth the wait. Friendly and relaxed once you arrive!!

Reviewed July 8, 2018

Two friends and I had to book two months in advance for a Saturday lunch here that was good, but not quite so amazing as to warrant such a wait. The food was very tasty-- not authentic Thai, but Oli's touts themselves as fusion anyway. We especially enjoyed the spicy cauliflower and panang duck-- both dishes packed a lot of flavor. Portion sizes here are not huge, but the prices are quite decent. Not my favorite Thai restaurant in Oxford (Chiang Mai Kitchen takes that title), but I would recommend for good food at a good price point.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed July 3, 2018

Wow. Have been wanting to try this one for a while, just did not have the opportunity before.

How delicious are their dishes? Started with prawn crackers and a peanut dip, plus prawns with a turmeric dressing. Yum yum yum!

For mains we chose the chicken stirfry and aubergine curry. The aubergine curry was a complete taste sensation!!! Would return just for that! The chicken stir fry was flavorsome too, maybe a teensy bit too salty, but we still devoured it all!

Very happy we got a table as a walk in - understandably popular!! (& this was a Tuesday night at 6pm!) We’d def return - oh and they stock the perfect red wine to match the spicy food!!!

Reviewed June 29, 2018

This little place is a treasure waiting for you to find. Made a visit with friends yesterday 28/06/2018, 6 of us, we ordered one of each item from the starter and mains menu ( the menu is small but keep reading) it came one after another and then came the mains, WOW WOW WOW, I have never in my 60 years eaten such beautiful awesome food. You will need to book this little gem as it gets booked up quickly, but I can guarantee you will not regret your choice of restaurant. I thought that I would only get this authentic food if I actually went to Thialand how wrong was I. Can’t wait to go back. Thank you Guys, food service and price perfect, just perfect.

Reviewed June 27, 2018

This was my second visit to Oli's Thai and it was fabulous. We got lucky with a last minute table and late night sunshine. My friend and I both loved our meals. I had the belly pork special as a starter which was fresh, crispy and packed full of flavour. I had the seabass as my main which was also faultless. My friend (who is a fussy veggie) absolutely loved her food and I thought her aubergine curry was delicious. We shared the apple salad which I've had before but wanted to try again as it's so zingy and fresh tasting. Oli's Thai really is one of the best restaurants out there....especially in the summer when you can eat outside and get a bit more space around you. The food is fantastic, the service is excellent and it's pricing is perfectly fair. What's not to love?