“Great meal, great value!”

Greece Greek Taverna Oxford
Ranked #179 of 647 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Attentive staff, great decor, good quality food and excellent prices. A good taste of authentic Greek cuisine!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went to this new restaurant hopping to have great Greek food. The atmosphere was great. The service good but when i tried to find someone Greek in the taverna, i was told the chef was Turkish!
There were 4 of us that evening ( a week ago ). We ordered some mezethakia for starters. The portions were stingy!
I had ordered Coca Cola. I watched the waiter pour something from a silver can with HappyShopperCola on it. It was very unpleasant, cheap tasting and I paid the full restaurant price!!!
I also ordered souvlaki as a main. This was as soft as leather boots. The sticks were from the freezer and cooked on a grill. This explains why it was tough.
I ordered galactoboureko. i asked if it was homemade and told yes. When it came, we soon established that it was delivered from somewhere in London and bought in!

My friends foods were also disapointing sadly.

I think this place relies on the student population for trade, NOT serious food lovers.

This was awful!

This is not authentic Greek fair.

Disapointed.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Spotted this restuarant whilst walking down Cowley Road and decided to give it a try.
We were not disappointed. A good selection of Greek fare with our party having such meals as chicken souvlaki, mousaka, stuffed aubergine and tuna steak. All very good, but we should have not had so many starters as mains were good sizes.
Good service with a nice atmosphere and Greek music in the background but not intrusive so talking stiil ok.
A good time was had by our party and I would certainly go back again.

1  Thank Kim P
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I think this place is quite new. The menu was big and varied, the service pleasant and quick. The price seemed very good for Oxford.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went there last Friday with a group of 8. We had the mixed mezzes. Excellent food, friendly service and value for money.