“BORING RESTAURANT” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sultan Restaurant - CLOSED

Sultan Restaurant
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Sultan Restaurant Turkish Cuisine offers authentic Mediterranean dishes, which is appreciated by everyone. Our seasonings are classic flavors of the Mediterranean nations, such as yogurt, tomato, sesame paste, lemon, onion, parsley, garlic, onion and paprika. We have an exquisite selection of dishes that combine grilled meats, seafood, dairy, vegetables and grains at its very best. Our dishes come together to feast not only your eyes, but also your appetite. Our mission is to deliver fine Turkish & Mediterranean cuisine, creatively presented with relentless attention to detail and personal service. Sultan Turkish Cuisine offers a casual fine dining experience friendly service and authentic Turkish dishes.
London, United Kingdom
“BORING RESTAURANT”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is a boring "Mediterranean" restaurant, which in this case means Turkish with Greek influences. The ambience is unpleasant, the food average and the service quick. A trip to London or Istanbul would reveal just how much this place falls short - unfortunately a not uncommon experience in this town.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank reiver59
sultanoxford, Manager at Sultan Restaurant, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
thank you for your review and i am very sorry that you found our restaurant too quite and boring

Have you ever sat in a restaurant where the thumping bass has made it so you can’t carry on a conversation?

we cannot make everyone happy sorry

regards

• Turkish first
Oxford
“Charming, Friendly, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this lovely Turkish restaurant. The food was very good, the ambience exotic but not overwhelming, and the restaurant was clean and welcoming. The two gentlemen who attended to us added much to our delight: Mustafa and Yasin. They are obviously happy working there, have an easy and jovial relationship that the customer picks up, and they were very helpful in our selection of the Mezes. I have already told three friends that they must experience the Sultan, and my husband and I will certainly go again. I recommend it highly.

1 Thank MariainesOxford
sultanoxford, Manager at Sultan Restaurant, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Many thanks for your review. I do really appreciate it when guest take the time to write a review on sultan. It is very important to us to get feedback from people who have dined with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you, should your ways bring you to sultan restaurant again.
Yours sincerely,
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely restaurant with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had dinner at Sultan with a friend on a Saturday evening, and had a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We had mezes which were excellent (and we both enjoy Turkish food and have quite a lot of experience in this cuisine) and the waiters were attentive without being pushy. The only slight disappointment was the baklava, which was more stodgy than I would like, but the mezes were of better quality than I have had in other places, so all in all a good experience. The restaurant was only half full, on a Saturday, which I think is a pity so I would encourage other diners to visit.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your amazing review. We are glad you had fun with us and enjoyed the food. We look forward to seeing again soon, Thank you very much again Sulta Restaurant Team
“Great Food with a reasonable price !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I had the lunch special and it was delicious as well as very reasonable prices. Excellent service from a friendly staff.

sultanoxford, Manager at Sultan Restaurant, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Guest Thank you for your positive feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back
London, United Kingdom
“Great food excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I went to Sultan yesterday with my husband for our anniversary. I had a Groupon voucher for 9 mezes, for the price I paid I was not expecting such great food I was very pleasantly surprised by the portion size. We ordered hot mezes and each dish was fantastic! We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The service was quick and the staff were friendly.

The interior is very beautiful and it reminded us both of our honeymoon in Istanbul last year. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone and I plan on going back very soon.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
sultanoxford, Manager at Sultan Restaurant, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
I can not thank you enough for your recommendation.
Thank you very much for your 5* review left on our restaurant.
Both me and the team were very happy reading about your experience
Thank you for providing details about "huge selection, attentive staff" .
It is our initiative to provide a great variety of food so more guests can find something they like.
Yours sincerely,