“Delicious food! Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mirch Masala - CLOSED

Mirch Masala
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Delicious food! Highly recommend!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Mirch Masala is one of those places that you could easily walk past because it's not as trendy looking as other places on the Cowley Road. Don't! Next time you want a great curry, I urge you to try this place. The staff are friendly and attentive, the restaurant is clean and well presented and the curry is the best I've ever had. My husband and I have tried lots of different curry houses in Oxfordshire and Mirch Masala has definitely come out tops in our opinion! It's also so reasonably priced; poppadoms, two curries, pilau rice, naan, puri and two soft drinks came to just over £26! Amazing! We'll definitely be returning!

• Visited June 2014

Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“indian buffet”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

You must try the buffet , on a sunday yum yum , very vrry good the starters and main , are lovely the salard looks great well done.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank John P
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Authentic Indian food”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I dine at or order home delivery from Mirch Masala often, and the food here is the closest I have seen to authentic Indian food in Oxford. Their biryani is really good, as well as their chicken and lamb dishes (saag chicken, lamb on bone, madras chicken, butter chicken). Other good dishes are aloo tikki, onion bhaji, pulao. Staff are friendly and nice. The buffets on Sundays are also very good value for money - all-you-can-eat for £10 is a bargain! If you choose to order home delivery, it is very quick and often they provide complimentary poppadams and salad and dips too.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Srinivasa R
Shipley, United Kingdom
“Tasty, good value Indian food”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We went here for dinner one night, on a weekend - just popped in. It was actually fairly empty, which seemed a shame - they seemed to be doing more business with takeaways than sit-down diners.

My partner and I like different types of Indian food - I like very hot flavourful dishes (usually chicken or vegetables), and he likes milder curries, usually lamb. We both enjoyed the curries we ordered, although I could have had a bit more spice in mine (maybe next time!). Service was pleasant if a little slow, despite how quiet the restaurant was. We moved table as the first one we sat at was unstable!

I drank wine with the meal - the wine was ok, just the house, nothing to write home about but nothing to complain about either. All in all, we would go here again.

Visited November 2013
United Kingdom
“MOTHER'S DAY BUFFET TREAT!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were looking for a sunday buffet and headed here. Great selection of starters and main courses together with some traditional indian desserts. Food was very good - tasty and fresh with lots of flavour. Really good value for money too. Service and ambience not great however this was offset by the quality of the food. Worth a visit.

• Visited March 2014