“Good pub, good pub food.” 3 of 5 bubbles

The William Morris
Ranked #304 of 622 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Midhurst, United Kingdom
“Good pub, good pub food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

A group of us popped in after a meeting for a quick drink. We ended up having food and staying hours! It was a nice clean pub, friendly staff, the food was basic but tasted lovely...especially for the price. I must admit I used to be a snob about the place but now converted and will be visiting again soon.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Lisa D

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Sunday Roast Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Called in at this Weatherspoon pub today for Sunday roast. My wife ordered pork with apple sauce and I ordered the chicken.
My wife's pork roast turned up without apple sauce and we had to wait 7 minutes despite asking for it twice. When it finally arrived it was semi-frozen and inedible. The pork consisted of three tiny pieces and the carrots were rock hard.
I did not fair much better with the chicken tasting decidedly dodgy, and again served with undercooked carrots.
In both cases, the tiny jugs of gravy were barely sufficient to cover a third of the dinner.
This was the worst Sunday roast eaten out that we can remember. I have been left with a very unpleasant greasy taste in my mouth and my wife is still hungry.
I would like to say it was "cheap and cheerful" but this was plain "cheap and nasty".
Not to be recommended.