“The worst customer service I have ever experienced”
Review of Arzoo - CLOSED

Arzoo
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Barcelona, Spain
“The worst customer service I have ever experienced”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I ordered from this restaurant using their online system, and after I paid, received confirmation of my order and waited for over an hour for it, I called the restaurant to ask what happened, and I was told quite rudely that they didn't make deliveries at lunchtime. Now if this was the case, then why did their website let me make, and pay for, an order for delivery at 12 noon? I was told that I would not be charged for an order that never arrived, but a few weeks later my credit card was charged exactly for the amount of my order. Naturally I wanted to ask for a refund, but it took me days of calling before I could talk to anyone who could speak proper English, understand the problem and deal with my concern. Unfortunately this person, who I assume is the manager of this terrible establishment, was incredibly rude and was not at all apologetic about the inconvenience his awful restaurant has put me through. He was absolutely unwilling to listen and even implied that I was lying when I told him that I inexplicably received an email from them a few weeks after my initial order saying that I ordered from them again. When I said that this was impossible since I had no intention of using their service again after my negative experience, the manager took this really badly and started shouting and hurling personal insults at me. I have never in my life been treated in such an uncivilized manner, especially when I am the aggrieved party in this situation. I absolutely do not recommend this restaurant, and warn everyone to stay away.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank dlsalazar

Reading, United Kingdom
“Overcharged and terrible service”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Really don't recommend this restaurant, go to one of the many better places in the Jericho area!
They charged me for a main meal version of the veggie side dish I ordered, despite me pointing to it in the side dish section of the menu. They also served me a sweet lassi made with yoghurt that was off, curdled and slightly salted (a mistake in the kitchen?). Absolutely foul. Furthermore it took over an hour for food to arrive, it was cold and congealed when it did and all the way through the waiters were totally not interested. Would have complained to the manager but he was sat on the table opposite us on his phone playing games, so I figured that would make no difference. Having read the reviews on here about his aggression and sexism, I guess I'm glad I didn't! I also second the comments about requests for water being refused and ignored.

Seriously the worst restaurant I've been to in ages; I've had better atmosphere, service and food quality from kebab vans and would rather have eaten there.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sph33
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Worst restaurant experience I've had, ever.”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We recently ate here and I will never go back. We had to wait for so long for our food (over 2 hours) that one of our party had to leave. When asked about something or given an order, staff would smile and nod without taking anything down and nothing would get brought. No table has its own waiter, the whole arrangement is very disorganised.
The food, when it was finally brought, was largely cold and quite bland except for the bread and bhaji (which were admittedly quite good) We tried to complain several times and were ignored until the manager came over and started getting very aggressive. Very unpleasant experience and will never eat here again. Even if the service hadn't been terrible the food quality was largely shoddy, and a lower standard than anywhere else in the local area that I've eaten.
The cherry on the cake was the manager's open sexism to a female of our party, refusing to speak to or engage with her, putting his hand up to her face, patronising her and making several sexist comments.
I will warn anyone away from this place as long as it stays under the same management.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Chriskv
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I have never been to such an aweful place to eat”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were waiting for one hour and fourty five minutes for our food to arrive, then everyones food was luke warm when it arrived but by the time naan and rice arrived everything was stone cold. No one took our order, we had to flag down a waiter to tell him our order after 45 minutes, and once we ordered the first dish took 1:30 mins to arrive. Also repeated requests for water were ignored, the chicken was over cooked and the potatoes were under cooked. When i told the manager i was a chef he became aggresive. Never going there again, they ruined my friends birthday meal

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank fionngodwin
Wantage
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hmm”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We wanted an Indian meal and ended up here after the better one down the road was closed.
Upon entered we noticed a horrible dirty smell from the carpets. There was nobody else in the restaurant so perhaps we should have not bothered but we were hungry and decided to give it a chance.
They did have a good choice on the menu I must say and the prices were average but I ordered a lamb dish and the meat was really fatty - something I detest.
I felt uncomfortable throughout the meal as they stood around and watched us, having no other customers to serve.
After finishing the waiter asked if we wanted some complimentary drinks - not sure why as we hadn't made a complaint or expressed that we were unhappy. I guess he must have felt that he had to do a bit extra to make up for the atmosphere.
I wouldn't go here again.

• Visited August 2013