“Worth the walk...”

Quarter Horse Coffee
Ranked #10 of 33 Coffee & Tea in Oxford
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We serve speciality coffee and loose leaf teas. We offer baked goods, sandwiches and soup. Come in for our handcrafted drinks, retail coffee and tea items, and free WiFi. We look forward to seeing you.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Finding a decent cup of coffee in Oxford has been one of my goals on my regular visits here. Here at last is a proper gourmet coffee place on a par with London and Brighton's best. The latter being relevant as they are using Small Batch beans. Very nice long black and a very nice sandwich.

1  Thank Caxtonian
Nathan R, General Manager at Quarter Horse Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for the review. We just had some guess beans from Small Batch. We always have great beans from Square Mile. We are glad that you made the walk down to Cowley Road to see us. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Oxford.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

coffee revolution has hit Oxford! Quarter Horse dam good artisan coffee within in the dreaming spires Quarter Hise gentley sitting on the Cowley Rd the door is open to everyone. Run by two fantastic gentleman who make sure every tea and coffee made is just right for you. I really reconmmend there raspberry tart! Good coffee is essential and Quarter Horse can provide you with such .

Thanks for the review. I am glad that we can be a part of the coffee revolution in Oxford.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

If marrying tea was legal. Is it?
Staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and we got a water top up on our Yuzu Oolong which made me really happy. Definitely coming back (I debate it all the time).

Thanks!

Nathan R, General Manager at Quarter Horse Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thanks for the review! I am sorry to say that you can not marry tea...yet. I am glad you enjoyed our tea. The Yuzu Oolong may be the best tea we offer. Water top ups are always free, and most of our teas change with each infusion. We hope to see you again so you can work through our great tea selection.

We hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great coffee, served by coffee lovers. What more could you ask for?

There is some waiting, but since these guys are trying to make a great cup of coffee (and they succeed) it's worth it. The atmosphere is very urban chic (exposed brickwork, painted piped) and it's a great place to hang out and do some work (free wifi). They clearly already have a fan base that sits in regularly and it's nice to see this network growing.

They recently offered a coffee brewing lesson - which we attended - and I learnt a great deal about how to make good coffee at home.

In addition to coffee, they serve a range of teas, cakes (home made, I think) and coffee stuff (presses, filters etc). You can also buy beans from the shop too.

I love this place and have raved about it to friends: I suggest you try it out - it beats Costa, Starbucks, Nero and most other coffee places I know. Slightly more expensive (but only slightly) than Costa, but the coffee is way way better.

Nathan R, General Manager at Quarter Horse Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review. I am glad that you "get" what we are doing. Our goal has always been to serve the best coffee we can. It is great to meet people who are just as interested in coffee as we are. It was great having you in our brewing class, and I hope to see you very soon.

Our cakes are home made. We have a wonderful baker working with us. She makes all the cakes we sell from logal ingredients when possible.

Thanks again for the review. I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

A good little cafe, mainly for students, on Cowley Road. The owner was very warm and friendly and there was a good choice of home made cakes. The only downside was the drinks were not quite hot enough. Worth a visit if in the area. We will definitely go back.

Nathan R, General Manager at Quarter Horse Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thanks for coming in. I am glad that you enjoyed our little cafe. We steam our milk to 60-65 degrees because the hotter than this burns away the sugars which give the milk its natural sweetness.. I understand that this is not everyones preference, so please just let us know and we are only too happy to make your drink the way you like it. Thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.