“Oasis in Oxford”

Quarter Horse Coffee
Ranked #7 of 30 Coffee & Tea in Oxford
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We serve speciality coffee and loose leaf teas. We offer baked goods, sandwiches and soup. Come in for our handcrafted drinks, retail coffee and tea items, and free WiFi. We look forward to seeing you.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Oasis in Oxford”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Really friendly staff who are knowledgeable and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Chai latte was full of flavor; espresso was extra special and the sandwiches yummy. I have been to other coffee outlets and what impresses is their love of coffee. They make beautiful shapes with the cream, dont know how they manage that

• Visited February 2013
Nathan R, General Manager at Quarter Horse Coffee, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad to serve our coffee to people who enjoy it. I am thrilled you enjoyed the art we put on top. We will continue to strive to make a wonderful coffee oasis for all travelers finding their way to Cowley road. We hope to see you soon

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Tasty coffee; tasty cakes”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

This cafe serves excellent coffee excellently. The staff were friendly and welcoming as soon as we at foot in the minimalist but highly functional space, and were more than happy to help us choose our drinks. My very tasty(!) espresso and cappuccino were served very promptly and with a smile, as were the flat white and chai latte our group also ordered. I wish we'd had more time to stay and try a filter (which looked really nice) but will have to go back for that next time.

Nathan R, General Manager at Quarter Horse Coffee, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy that you had a positive experience with us. It is always a joy to serve coffee to nice people that will appreciate it. Please do come back for a filter. We feel we are one of the few places serving a high quality filter coffee.

I hope to see you soon,

“Standard coffee shop”
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Another coffee shop to pop up on cowley road serving the usual coffee and a few cakes. Not sure why other reviewers felt it stands out so much. Thought I would check it out as it gathered a lot of "quick" recognition

2 Thank Wasim X
Thanks for your review. There are a lot of coffee shops on Cowley road now, but I hope that we are doing something different. We strive to not be the "usual" shop. We are the only coffee shop in Oxford to server Square Mile coffee. This company is well known globally for its quality. Starting with this we have the best machines available, and our staff is quite knowledgeable. I have personally been working in coffee for over 7 years now, and it truly is my passion.

My hope is that this sets us apart. I am sorry that you did not have the best experience. I would love to talk to you about our coffee, and why it did not stand out to you. If you have the time please come in for a coffee on me. We are always looking to improve and I would love to have your feed back.

If you do not wish to return I understand. Thank you for coming by for the first time.

I hope to see you again,

Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Forequarters”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

A blast of fresh air into Oxford coffee. The espresso is loved, clearly, and tastes bright but not too acid, rich and fresh and robust. Sometimes it's so good I'm hesitant to get anything with milk, but I've never been close to disappointed. The guys are as knowledgeable as they are charming – a rare enough mix – and that makes all the difference. It's worth noting that they rotate new coffee in on the weekends, so it's just as good for the regular as it is for the pilgrim.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank JLRosenberg
Thank you for your great review. We are coffee lovers and it is nice to share our craft with other coffee lovers. It is people like you that make our shop what it is. Thank you and I hope to see you soon.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Rapidly become a new favourite”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I've lived in Oxford 6 years after moving from Melbourne. 3 years ago we were ecstatic to finally get one decent independent coffee shop, but excitingly over the past year we are becoming spoiled for choice. Quarter Horse Coffee is definitely my favourite of a new bunch. Each coffee is made with a level of care and attention that results in a consistently great experience. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. We're so pleased to have such awesome new neighbours in East Oxford!!!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Bernadette Y
Nathan R, General Manager at Quarter Horse Coffee, responded to this review, February 11, 2013

We put a lot of care into each of our coffees, and I am glad that shows. The quality of the drinks that we serve is our priority, and this is what truly sets us apart. We are excited to be a part of the emerging coffee scene in Oxford and I personally look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for supporting us.