“Excellent Lunch at this 'hidden gem'”
Review of Butchers' Arms

Butchers' Arms
Ranked #40 of 742 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We were visiting our daughter in Oxford and looking around Headington on a Saturday. Found this pub through Trip Advisor (it is in a back street) and messaged them to check availability for lunch with a swift positive reply.

Landlady gave us a warm welcome on arrival. Food served promptly and very good, some nice ales on the bar and prices reasonable.

Would strongly recommend.

Date of visit: July 2018
Pippa B, Owner at Butchers' Arms, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Dear Tim
Thank you for your lovely review - It was a pleasure to meet you all and I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch here! I hope you all enjoyed the rest of the afternoon too ☀️

Reviewed June 22, 2018

Excellent Food & Very Hospitable Staff . I visited the pub last Friday 15th June. I was unable to get a taxi due to the World Cup. One of the owners Pippa very kindly gave me a lift into the city center. What a kind gesture.

Date of visit: June 2018
Pippa B, Owner at Butchers' Arms, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2018

Dear Andrew
Thanks for your lovely review I hope your journey onward went to plan despite the World Cup....
Hope to see again if you're wandering through Headington anytime!

Reviewed June 7, 2018

Went in 2 nights running while visiting family in the area. Nice old pub with a reasonable choice of beers but not the one I usually drink. However I was charged different prices for the same drink, Sunday being £4.10 and Monday £4.40. They had a Jazz band on the Monday and wondered if the change of price was due to this.
They serve food which seemed to be in demand though I never had a meal myself.
Seemed friendly enough and I would go back when in the area again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Pippa B, Owner at Butchers' Arms, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

Dear Mr Gettings
Thank you for your kind review, We are concerned to hear you were charged different amounts for the same drink, we can only think this must have been a mistake, as the prices certainly don't change from day to day, whether jazz night or not! From the prices you quote it would appear a pint of Amstel was put through as a San Miguel (or vice versa) in error? Anyway, our sincerest apologies, and if you'd like to write to us (butchersarmsheadington@gmail.com) to let us know more about the circumstances we will investigate it to ensure it doesn't happen again, and put it right with you (or your local family members if that is more convenient)

Reviewed May 30, 2018

A great pub, good real ales, wines and very friendly service. My partner had freshly made pizza (which came in 2 sizes) the small being quite adequate for a lighter meal and I had the vegatarian bean chilli, both very tasty. The publcans were very chatty and we enjoyed meeting their pets, cats and dogs, all well behaved. A very enjoyable evening.

Date of visit: May 2018
Pippa B, Owner at Butchers' Arms, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Thank you for your kind review - It was pleasure to meet you and we're glad you enjoyed the veggie chilli and pizza
Hope to see you again soon!
Pip and Paul

Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

Visited our daughter at uni and went here for a pub lunch of great quality. Owners were of good character and we loved the cat Geri

Date of visit: April 2018

Dear Richard
Thank you for your lovely review, it was a pleasure to meet you and your daughter and we're glad you had a nice evening with us!
Hope to see you again sometime
Pip, Paul and Geri