“A nice bite to eat”

Cote Brasserie - Oxford
Ranked #14 of 634 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“A nice bite to eat”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

2 of us ate here after having a wonder about the town, the restaurant itself looks great and had a Good atmosphere once inside. They soon seated us on table by the window which was cool and we soon ordered. Food was good and came promptly, steaks were perfect and reasonably priced. Drinks were on expensive side but overall a very good experience and will be back

1 Thank Frank A

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Great food and very efficient service”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

They know and can cope with lots of theatre diners who need to be out by a certain time. It's hugely popular for walk in business but they turn so many away as the clever diners make a reservation.

Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“Dry confit of KFC duck”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

More KFC than brasserie on this dry deep fried old leg... Tasty sauce and sautéed potatoes.. Then yuck.. To be very fair staff offered to change dish but I was halfway through.. And was offered a complementary dessert which I shared with my partner and was tasty, her dish was very good.. And the staff apologised twice and were genuinely sincere, however four hours later I still have taste of duck in my mouth..
On reflection despite finishing the dish and not being charged for desert, I feel that the cost of the dish should have been taken off the bill, rather than free desert..but frankly could not be bothered to argue the point.
So I will give 3/10 rather than 8/10 disappointed

• Visited May 2014
“Good food, but would I go back?.. ”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

probably not!
There are many more restaurants in Oxford to experience, and there is hopefully a better food/dining experience yet to be found

The food was good, as you would expect, & we had very good service from our waitress. But if you are going to charge a higher rate for fine dining food then I kind of expect not to be served 'packet mash' with my main meal. At £3.70 for a 330ml bottle of larger I spent a sobering time working out that it was costing me about 12 pence a sip.
12.5% service charge... We don't agree with that system. Pay your staff a good wage & let the waitress who served us well keep her tips for good service.
To reiterate though, the food we ate was good and gets 4 stars from me. I think Cote Brasserie does not deserve to be given 3 stars as I do not think it was 'average'

“Consistently Good”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

The food I have found is to be consistently good, fresh and hot.

Staff are very pleasant and attentive.

The wine list is good.

A peasant experience as always.

Visited April 2014