“Heaven in a bun”

Byron George Street
Ranked #87 of 628 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Proper hamburgers made from British beef, freshly prepared and cooked to order, served with a craft beer
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Heaven in a bun”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I visited Byron on Tuesday and I have to say that it's the best burger I've ever had in England. The meat, the chips, the drinks... everything was perfect. Not only was the food of fantastically high quality, but the staff were some of the nicest I've ever encountered. Our server was sure to attend to our every need and nothing was amiss.

If you're in Oxford there's no excuse for you to miss out on a Byron hamburger!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Sam B

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Burgers done the right way”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Honestly, I dream about this place. My girlfriend and I often turn to each other and say, "You know what I really fancy? A Byron's". And it's always unfathomably depressing whenever we can't have one here. So Byron's, thank you for existing. Oh, and thank you for being at Cornbury last year, I sincerely hope you are there again this time around. Hopefully, you will be at Reading Festival too. But my favourite thing (and I know that you're a burger bar, but I think this is your crowning glory) is the chocolate milkshake. It's a little piece of heaven...sweet, chocolate heaven. It's melted ice cream, and it works on so many different levels. But please, for god's sake, don't ruin it for me: I don't want to find out that your meat comes from a stable!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Norris1305
station_y2k, Manager at Byron George Street, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Legendary review! Thank you very much, your welcome any time. Come and say hi!
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Great Burger”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

That's my first time here i ordered a double cheese burger & Cesar salad it was very good, Definitely i'll try it again.

• Visited January 2013
england
“Simple and good quality with GREAT milkshakes!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We visited this place last night. It looks small from the front but has a big eating space once you walk through. I am not a huge fan of beef burgers unlike the other members of our party however was pleased to find out that they will make any of the burgers on the menu with chicken instead of beef :-) I had the blue cheese chicken burger and the chargrilled chicken was delicious -really tender. The beef burgers that my friends had were delicious also. Would particularly recommend the milkshakes, they are divine! The Byron sauce is also yummy. Would definitely go again.

• Visited January 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Not like any other Burger Bar, the best I have ever been to.”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great burgers and for those who want something lighter than a full blown burger I would suggest the skinny burger, which I very filling. Staff very friendly and polite, fantastic service

Visited December 2012