“Wouldn't go anywhere else!”
Review of Temple Lounge

Temple Lounge
Ranked #414 of 629 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Indian, Lebanese, Grill
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a Halal Lebanese and Indian cuisine restaurant also offering other popular dishes from around the world. We are also a cafe with award winning coffee and desserts, including a variety of cakes, shakes, fruit smoothies and fresh fruit juices. We also have a very unique heated sheesha garden, where you can relax smoking a lovely sheesha, hookah hubby bubbly, sheesha, kalyan, or whatever you want to call it!
“Wouldn't go anywhere else!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have lived in and around the oxford area all my life sampling many different culinary delights, from pub lunches to high end restaurants. I can honestly say that Temple Lounge is with out a doubt one of my favourites and now my most regular haunt. I find the staff helpful and the menu amazing, regardless of the food order, it seems always to be cooked to perfection. I ask what better way there is to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of the Cowley road with a sheesha and some food from Temple Lounge. Perfect.

2 Thank Mattchini

“The Best Shisha lounge in the Northern Hemisphere....”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

If your looking for quality Lebanese and Indian food along with the best Shisha look no further...... I have smoked Shisha in many Shisha cafe's / Lounges around the world Dubai, Morocco, Bangladesh, turkey, Greece, Germany, Poland, south Africa and London just to name a few and would say Temple Lounge is in the top two Shisha cafe / lounges i have ever been to. Add this with high quality food, Shisha and service then there really is no where else to go unwind and chill out...!!

2 Thank Hugomark
London, United Kingdom
“Really impressed..”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have visited Temple Lounge on several occasions and must say the food is spectacular. The staff are friendly and service is second to none..

Not to mention the best Sheesha I have smoked, period...!!
I would recommend this place to all...

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank My_honest_opinion11
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Rubbish!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had heard a few people mention they ate at The Temple Lounge so my husband and I thought we'll give it a try. Overall opinion - rubbish customer service, cold inside the restaurant, food delayed! When I first entered to ask if there was space for my pushchair (as we took my 8 month old baby and 4 year old son), the man behind the counter looked confused and instead of speaking a clear yes or no he just pointed to the seating area. So I went back to get the kids and hubby. When we entered anther waiter made no attempt to help with the doors (there were three steps to go up and 2 awkward doors to get passed with a pushchair)! When we got in the next man just stared at us so we assumed there was no 'greet and take to the table' policy. We ordered food, which took ages despite there being no-else at the restaurant (it was 5.30pm on a Saturday night). There is a sheesha place at the back in the garden, so there were a few people traipsing in and out leaving the doors open so this let in loads of draught. The four of us were freezing so I asked the waiter to check if the heating was on and if he could put it up, but he came back just telling me it was on. And thats it. If you're going to have doors opening every 5 mins ensure the heating compensates for lost heat or have automatic doors for gods sake! Food tasted ok but certainly not worth all that hassel - go somewhere where your custom is going to be appreciated!

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Shrewd_instincts
Aneeta G, Public Relations Manager at Temple Lounge, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Hi we are truly sorry about the bad experience you recieved at our restaurant, please kindly email your contact details direct to naz.corp@hotmail.co.uk, so that we may get some more information to look into the complaint further.

Culinary Regards

Temple Lounge
“Rude man behind the bar at the front of restaurant !”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Was invited for a meal and sheesha at Temple Lounge and requested for a cup of tea to elderly man behind the counter. He ignored my request, instead turned his focus to 2 young females, appeared to be from middle east whom he was very cordial towards. When it was turn to serve me there was no please or thanks ! Just made me wonder what that was about ... Very impolite. Service counts for A LOT so I think that mr choudhary needs to have a word with some of his staff ! Wont be returning in a hurry thats for sure.

2 Thank Rafaeladasha