“Fantastic Sunday roast”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Lovely little gem of a pub, great food, great staff, wonderful atmosphere. Our group were a walk in quite late in the afternoon, didn't expect to be served as most places that time of day on a Sunday would normally say its to late, they young lady checked with the kitchen and to our delight they were able to accommodate us. Thank you to the management and staff of the Jolly Farmers, we shall return again and again. The food was excellent.

2  Thank Marc A

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Just had lunch at The Jolly Farmers. I went in with friends after a few hours shopping.

I had the 6oz Tower Burger, which was delicious. It consisted of a large burger, topped with cheese, bacon and onion rings, with BBQ sauce and mayonnaise. It was served with salad, home made coleslaw (which was delicious) and fat chips. My friend had the Cod, which came with peas and fat chips.

Both meals were delicious, well presented, and excellent value. If I did have any complaints, I would say the portions were a little large for a lunchtime
meal, but other than that, it was very good.

We sat in the garden which was lovely, but inside was equally as nice, and looks recently redecorated. By comparison to the rest of the pub the toilets looked dated but were clean and smelt fresh.

Would definately visit again.

1  Thank OutInOxford
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a great place for Sunday Lunch the staff are very helpful and friendly the food excellent the meat, yorkshire pudding and roast potatoes are on the plate the very good selection are left for you to choose from

Reviewed August 15, 2012

After reading some of the reviews here, we simply had to try a Sunday lunch here, and I'm glad we did! The soup was, as others have mentioned, delicious. Meat, roast potatoes and yorkshire puds then arrived at our table, and the selection of veg was great, we could barely manage dessert with all that food, but it was worth leaving space for too. A great value meal!

We enjoyed the roast so much, we decided to try out the all-you-can-eat curry night too, and what brilliant value that was, a drink, and as much food as we wanted for under 7 pounds each! Three curries to choose from, with rice, and plenty of sides, you simply can't go wrong.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I recently checked out the jolly farmers curry night.
4 choices of curry, veggie and various levels of hot for the meat eaters. The price was what you would expect in chain pub, but the quality far superior. All I could eat, along with all the extras like onion bhajis, naan bread, and even chips for those who don't like rice and whats more they through in a drink! If your lost in Oxford and looking for curry on a Thursday Night I would thoroughly recommend it.