“Flooded with kindness.”

Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Flooded with kindness.”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife and I were evacuated from our flat in Botley road Oxford due to flooding.
Our housing association Home group arranged the 5 day stay for us and because of my mobiliity issues requested a suitable room.
The room was well appointed with disabled facilities and at all times during our stay was well serviced and maintained by the room service staff who were all delightful and helpful, this can be said of all premier staff especially the reception people who nothing was to much trouble.
Our flat at last became habitable again and it was with a certain amount of reluctance we left our comfortable room at the Premier inn and will use this brand in future when we need an hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alancoleman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed Saturday 11th January in room 61. Some road noise from rooms on this side. Ask for a room in the block away from the main road if you get a chance. Usual good premier inn standard room - clean and comfortable. Not as large as some we have stayed in with two kids beds up. Caught bus into Oxford. Reception staff gave us detailed instructions of where to get the bus - ask for a family day ticket on the bus £7 (2 adults and 2 kids). Its about 10mins walk to the bus stop and because of traffic about 20mins on the bus. Once the bus crosses the river you are in central Oxford and the sites are walkable. Not everything was open so best to plan visits to colleges etc. Had dinner in the Beefeater restaurant on site because kids could not be bothered to drag back into Oxford. Food was exactly what you expect and steak well cooked but exciting it's not. Much more varied and cheaper options in Oxford. Ate breakfast as well which was standard Premier Inn menu. Buffet breakfast fine although could have been hotter. The staff were friendly and efficient in the hotel and the Beefeater.

Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Had hotel as was attending theatre, had dinner however, a medium to well done steak was cremated, if you like this fine, a bit to well done for my liking. Room was clean, bed was hard, no noise was good as next to a dual carrigeway.Breakfast a lot of choice, ok for a budget hotel

England
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Room rate expensive at £82.00 for one night single occupancy, no breakfast included and not even a small bottle of water in the room.
Mattress very uncomfortable (could feel the springs) and I did not sleep well due to the heater and thermostat clicking all night. The room was quite cold needed more heating and the decor depressing and made the room feel dingy and dark.
If I had of been charged £40 I wouldn't expect much more but this is expensive and what I got was so too basic for the rate charged.

Maintenance were in the hallway at 09.00am taking down all the lights, making noise outside all the rooms with ladders and banging.

Bar staff were friendly.
The pub food was not nice, I ordered chicken wings and chips, it took around 25 minutes to arrive and the wings were not tasty or good quality chicken. £9.00 for a meal and I barely touched it, I hadn't eaten all day so would have eaten anything at this point!
I did want to get a coffee for the road before I left in the morning but no one was on the desk to help me and got fed up of waiting to be served and left.

A plus point is they have free parking. The postcode does lead you up the wrong end of the road so can be tricky to find especially in the rain and when its dark. Turn right at the roundabout and go round far enough until you see it on your right hand side.

However the Manager of the Hotel was courteous and understanding, she refunded my money in line with their good nights sleep guarantee on the same day I checked out after I complained. I passed on my comments and felt they did listen.
Good customer service.

Room Tip: Can be tricky to find please read my comments for directions
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Cupcakebrown1983
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Oxford Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.
West Yorkshire
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Excellent staff, clean spacious room and bathroom, value for money. Room was cool on arrival, staff resolved quickly with mobile heater. Breakfast had plenty of options continental or full English. Good parking.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in two adjoining rooms and initially everything was up to the usual high Premier Inn standards, clean, comfortable and spacious. Unfortunately the rooms we were staying in had a design flaw in that the extractor fans are ducted directly over the beds, because they did not switch off completely it was extremely difficult to get to sleep. The only solution was to switch off the power to the room at the fuse box and then switch on again which seemed to reset the fans. To be fair however the Premier Inn service was exemplary, when we mentioned this issue on check out we were immediately refunded the cost of both rooms. Staff were attentive and friendly throughout our stay and breakfast next door at the Beefeater was tasty and great value. All in all, if the problem with the fans can be fixed, or perhaps only effects rooms in what seemed to be a newer wing of the hotel, I would definitely return.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Jonathan M
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

At first glance this hotel looked like an office block. Located on a business park with a lovely view of a very busy motorway, i just wanted to go home as soon as i arrived. In fact I thought it was a mistake and had to go to reception and ask if this actually was the hotel I was supposed to be staying in.

Check in was at 2:00, this always seems pointless as what are we supposed to do in the meantime, especially when we are only here for one day and have to check out at 10?

The hotel was relatively clean, dusty in certain areas. All members of staff are like every other robotic responsive staff that you get at these kind of chains.

Nothing wrong with this hotel if you are on business or are staying for a longer period of time and have plenty planned to do. However if like me you are only staying for a short time, I would recommend going for a more upmarket hotel closer to the centre of Oxford so you can actually appreciate the location.

Room Tip: Given the location, get yourself a lovely hotel or B&B in the centre of Oxford. It would be wort...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple