“Premier experience”

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Stoke-on-Trent
“Premier experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Ive always avoided Premier Inns but I had a course around the corner and was on a budget. The desk staff were really nice and Omar explained the set up and offered to book me in for breakfast. As a lone female traveller I appreciated that my room number wasnt broadcast to all and sundry. The room was clean. I was in Room3 a disabled room which would be ideal for a wheelchair user "though no walk in shower. I liked it, I liked the fact that I could control the heating in my own room and I couldnt really hear any traffic. You get to choose your pillows, firm or soft and I had a lovely sleep. Breakfast is next door in the Beefeater with lots of nooks and crannies that give it some character even though its a modern build. Staff were lovely,explained the food on offer. I enjoyed the fresh fruit salad as I dont always want a cooked breakfast. Would I stay here again? Most certainly.

• Stayed December 2012
longwall, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Oxford Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Good morning, and thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Oxford Premier Inn.

I am so glad that having avoided Premier Inn's previously you found your room clean and comfortable, you enjoyed your breakfast, and that we exceeded your expectations.

We at Premier Inn pride ourselves in giving great customer service, and therefore happy to hear that both Omer and the breakfast team achieved this.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Oxford Cluster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed two nights at the premier inn, good value for money, the staff we're great and the room was clean. Had a good night's sleep and the breakfast was excellent. If you want value for money while staying in Oxford, then this place ticks all the box's.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
longwall, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Oxford Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Good morning, and thank you for taking the time to review Oxford Premier Inn.

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our rooms clean and comfortable, and you had an excellent all you can eat breakfast.

We do have great Saver offers on our website, these are available at all Premier Inn's across the country.

We hope to welcome you back to Oxford in the near future

Stratford upon Avon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Just got back from a mini-break with a friend to Oxford. At first we looked at town centre hotels, but they were so expensive. I always like to stay at Premier Inn for value for money and knowledge that I'll always get a good room. Oxford PI was up to a high standard of decor, easy to get to and plenty of free parking.

Add in the PI £22 meal deal and you can't go wrong. OK, I'm not a regular visitor to Beefeater (I don't eat meat) but there was plenty of choice on the evening menu and the risotto was lovely. Service in the bar and restaurant was friendly but inefficient on Sunday night. Don't think they're used to serving champagne! Breakfast was spot on - just as I've always found it at Premier Inns - including veggie sausage.

We decided to use the Park & Ride to get into Oxford which was very simple and good value. Loved it all so much, I'm already planning my next trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
longwall, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Oxford Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review with regards to your stay with us here at Premier Inn Oxford.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us good value for money with the knowledge that our rooms are clean and comfortable.

I am glad you found the Meal Deal had plenty of choice, and you enjoyed your breakfasts.

Premier Inn pride ourselves on delivering a good nights sleep along with great food, and we are happy when our guests let us know this is being achieved.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I spent a night here at the end if November, as we were visiting the nearby Bicester Shopping Village.

Having staid in other Premier Inns, I have to say my initial impression of this particular reception wasn't great....it is looking rather worn and shabby, and I was a bit dubious of what the rooms would be like. However, I need not have been. Rooms clean and bathrooms spotless (we had two rooms) and Housekeeping were more than prompt in bringing us more pillows.

Staff very pleasant and friendly..... Uniforms would give the place a more professional image.

Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: We were in the main building overlooking car park....possibly a little noises if you sleep with wind...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Good morning, and thank you for your review.

I am glad that our rooms surpassed your expectations, and our staff were helpful and responded quickly to your requests.

Our new Premier Inn at Bicester will be opening towards the end of February 2013, the location is only minutes from the shopping village and it is available to book on our website from this date.

We hope that you will still return to Oxford in the future.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here one night for a business trip, and while it could have been closer to the city that is the only very minor criticism I can make. The room was comfortable and clean, with a big bed, the breakfast was great, the special offer for a 3-course dinner and breakfast was unbeatable, and the service was great. I heartily recommend this Premier Inn for anyone visiting Oxford.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
longwall, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Oxford Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Feverdog,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Oxford Premier Inn.

It is great to hear that you found our rooms clean and comfortable, with a big bed, what more could you ask for! The 3 course dinner and full Premier breakfast is called our 'Meal Deal' and at £22.95 is extremely good value.

I hope that you will be staying us again when business brings you back to Oxford.

Regards

Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed here for one night so that we could look around Oxford and visited the Bodleian Libray well worth a visit. Again an immaculately clean room could not ask for more. The staff were both friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ben2008_10
longwall, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Oxford Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Good evening and thank you for your review. I am glad that you had a lovely stay at Oxford Premier Inn, and hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Telford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed here Mon to Wed. Firstly surprised bt size of the hotel as there were two parts with one being an annexe where we stayed. We ended up in a room which was the furthest away so quite a trek. Staff were friendly.
The Beefeater was massive! We had breakfast there one morning but had to wait a while for a staff member to appear. Good selection but they had run out of baked beans.
One major downfall was the distance from the town centre so ended up paying cab fares.

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel part.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
longwall, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Oxford Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Oxford Premier Inn.

As you say we do have two parts to our hotel, many guests do request the annex as it is quieter, being further away from the dual carriageway, however, as you suggest, there are many guests who like to stay in the main building where reception is.

We are 3 miles from the centre of Oxford, so a taxi from our hotel would cost £8.50. There are also 2 Park & Rides close by, and a very good network of buses.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back in the future.