“Not disappointed”

Premier Inn Oxford Hotel
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have stayed at the premier inn at other locations and the standard is always very good and this was no exception. I booked this at the last minute so was a bit more than I would normally pay but the room was really clean, comfortable bed, good bathroom. The restaurant was really very good and had dinner and breakfast there, which my wife and I really enjoyed and price was very reasonable. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Parking was free and the grounds were nicely landscaped. When I was checking out a man was complaining to the receptionist. He said that he had asked to have a table booked for breakfast but this had not done. He said he wanted to speak to the manager t complain. The manager apologised for the mistake and asked if he could book a table for him. The guest said he had already had breakfast so I didn't really understand what his problem was and neither did the manager. The manager politely asked what he could do to rectify the situation but the guy was getting more and more irate and said he was going to contact the directors of the company to complain as it had made him late for meetings. The manager again said he wanted to try and rectify the situation and asked again what he could do to solve the problem, but the guest just stormed off. I genuinely felt sorry for the manager who really tried his best to pacify this very rude person.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
longwall, Manager at Premier Inn Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Good Morning and thank you for your comments about our hotel.

I am pleased you had a pleasant stay with us.
As you have seen we cannot please all our guests all the time, but we do try to make sure that if anyone has a comment or complaint, we take it seriously and try to prevent the situation recurring in the future.
We try to act on all feedback at the hotel, but if a guest wishes to escalate their issue to a senior manager then I am more than happy to take their call.

Thanks again for the comments and we hope to see you soon.

Oxford Cluster

Write a ReviewReviews (1,517)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed as a group for a friends 40th using the hotel as a base. The staff couldn't of been more helpful arranging taxis and helping us. All the rooms were immaculate and the beakfast was well worth the money. Two of our party while checking out, were asked if they slept well....when they replied yes apart from that a childs foot steps had been heard running up and down. They were immediatley given a refund for that night even though they hadn't wanted it as part of the premier inn promise. We will definatley be using this chain again.

• Stayed: June 2012
longwall, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Good afternoon,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor and I am glad that you had a great stay with your friends

Our reception team are always more than happy to help with directions, taxi's etc. As we are only 3 miles from the city centre, it is really convenient to arrange a taxi to Oxford for £8.50.

We are proud to offer our Good Night Guarantee at all Premier Inn's, and hope your friends were not too disturbed by the noise above them.

We hope to welcome you back in the future

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Five of us stayed here for the weekend to attend a family wedding. The reception staff were very welcoming and helpful, the room was spacious and comfortable with enough storage space for clothes. The bathroom was fine too, with shower /hair product in a dispenser, and foaming handwash by the basin. It was quiet at night, despite being in an industrial area. The breakfast was very good, the hot food looked freshly cooked, not dried up or sitting in congealed grease, and there was a very good choice of items, hot or cold, for breakfast. Again, the staff were very pleasant, on our last morning as we left the dining area after breakfast, three staff were having a meeting in the foyer and all stopped their discussion to thank us for our custom. The adjoining Beefeater Inn where breakfast was served is very useful to have on site if you don't want to go further afield. We were all very impressed with this Premier Inn and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Good afternoon and thank you for your feedback.

I am glad you found our newly refurbished rooms spacious and comfortable.

Our breakfast is 'all you can eat and drink' buffet and extremely good value. We do get very busy at breakfast, especially at the weekends, and we always endeavour to keep our buffet stocked for everyone to enjoy, whatever time you come for breakfast.

Our team members will enjoy reading your comments, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stay in a lot of Premier Inns up and down the country and this one was as good as the rest, very clean and comfortable.
We had the meal deal option and for £22 a 3 course dinner and full English/continental breakfast was excellent value, the only thing I could say is that other premier inns we have stayed in had a Costa Coffee machine at breakfast which gave you a choice of coffees but apart from that it was great.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Good afternoon,

As you mention, the Meal Deal is an extremely good value 3 course set menu, which includes a drink and the full buffet breakfast for £22.

We use Costa Coffee for breakfast at all our sites, however some sites have the Costa machine and some do not. I hope this did not spoil your breakfast.

Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to you returning in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed at several Premier Inns around the country and have always found them excellent.I think that the Oxford hotel was the best yet.Reception staff were very courteous,friendly and helpful.The rooms we had were spotlessly clean and quiet and breakfast service excellent,all for an extremely reasonable price. I really see a need to pay more when all my families needs are met so well.We will certainly stay again in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
longwall, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your review about Oxford Premier Inn.

I am pleased that you and your family had a great stay, and both our reception and breakfast teams will welcome your positive feedback.

We look forward to you returning soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I visited Oxford from the 29th of Sept. to the 3rd of Oct. I stayed here for the first 2 nights as my preferred city centre hotel was fully booked for those nights. I arrived in Oxford by train in the evening and got a taxi to the Premier Inn for £8. There's a bus stop across the road but the service isn't very frequent. if you walk further down the road in the direction of Oxford for 5-10 minutes you come to a bus stop where you can get the City5 bus into Oxford for £1.90. I had a room in the main building and it was spotlessly clean and presumably has been recently refurbished. the room was large and had a large flat screen tv with a full range of free-view channels. I paid more than I'd normally pay for a budget hotel, but Oxford is very expensive for hotels and it was less than half the price of the other hotel I stayed in. I'm no longer hung up on staying in the city centre and intend to stay here on future trips to Oxford.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
longwall, Manager at Premier Inn Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Good Morning and thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel here on Trip Advisor.

Our rooms have been completely refurbished in the past few months and we are really proud of the product that we offer. Apart from the flat screen tv we also offer wifi free for 30 minutes and only £3 for 24 hours.

As you have said, we are not in a city centre location, but there are excellent transport links to explore the city and surrounding areas.

Have a look at our website for the best rates and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at the Premier Hotel Oxford for five days Oct 1 to 5. The first night was peaceful and I actually had a good nights sleep. However the second and third night there was awful noise coming from the room upstairs - my friend advised me to contact reception. On the 4th day I complained to Reception about it. The young girl on reception was totally uninterested and did nothing. The noise continued the following night. When I checked out on the last day I asked another receptionist if my complaint had been logged and dealt with. She said it was not on the computer and must be 'on a bit of paper somewhere' and not to worry it would have been dealt with. (It obviously wasn't) I have contacted the head office of Premier Inn and asked if they hold to their claim that if you dont get a good night's sleep then your money is refunded. Watch this space....

Room Tip: The rooms are all pretty much the same and as they have double glazed windows and lots of insulation...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
longwall, Manager at Premier Inn Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Good Morning and thank you for your comments about our hotel.

Our Good Night Guarantee is our promise that if you have a problem that cannot be resolved then we will refund the cost of the night that you had the issues.
Our reception team should have been more proactive with your comments and should have offered to move your room to prevent further disruption, but if we are not made aware of any issues until after they have passed we cannot fix them for you.
I am sorry that this did not happen and that our communication was poor on this occasion.
I will speak to the reception team to ensure they are actioning all feedback from our guests and making our guests feel that we care about how your stay is. We really do want you to have a great stay and work really hard to deliver what is expected from us.
Normally I would ask you to contact me directly at the hotel, but as you have escalated this complaint to our head office then either myself or my team will be in touch.
Thanks again for the feedback and we hope to see you in the near future.