1,672 results
All reviewsbeefeater next doorbeefeater restaurantbusiness parkadjoining beefeatermeal dealring roadthe buscity centrecowley roadcar parkplenty of parkingreception staffnight's sleepbudget hotelfamily roombusy roadroom was spotless
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed there for just one night with our two girls (aged 9 and 13). The room was clean and tidy. Love it when you can feel how clean the sheets are. There were 3 beds and one was a trundle. There is a Tesco across the road about a 5 min walk so we went to get dinner and breakfast. Would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
longwall, Manager at Premier Inn Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Good Morning, thank you for taking the time to give feedback about our hotel.

Our aim is to provide a comfortable, clean environment for all our guests and I will be passing your comments onto the housekeeping team.
We have an on-site restaurant that provides a selection of meals at a range of prices for those that don't want to go exploring.

Thanks again for the review and hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

If you've stayed in a Premier Inn before you'll know exactly what this hotel is like, the layout of the room, the facilities etc. It is a fairly new building so everything seemed quite fresh, although the layout of the site is a little odd. You enter off the main road and the pub / restaurant is in front of you, the reception to the right. I arrived late and parked by the reception but on checking in I was told I was in the annexe, which is on the opposite side of the pub in a separate building, and was advised that I could walk or drive round to it, or cut through the pub. As I had a few bags with me and it was late I drove around, which was all of 50 yards.

The doors in the hotel are opened via cards which you simply wave across the handle, and for a few seconds I was puzzled by the annexe door, wondering where I put my card, how the door opened etc. Once inside I climbed the stairs to the second floor (there is a lift too) and as I ascended I could feel it getting warmer and warmer. Inside my room it was like an oven, and although the window was open there was no cool air, and the pedestal fan provided simply blew warm air around noisily. I didn't sleep at all.

Breakfast is served in the pub and is, by and large, a buffet. You can ask for a few special items (poached eggs, porridge for example) but I went for the buffet instead. The choice was good.

Sadly I can't say the same for the restaurant. On the second night I went for a meal on my own at around 7PM. "Have you booked?" snapped the waitress. I said I hadn't, to which she replied rather abruptly "you'll have to wait about an hour and a half for a table then, or you can eat in the pub," which was essentially the other side of the same room I was already in. I asked what the menu was and she told me it was exactly the same food from exactly the same menu, but "you just eat in the pub instead." So I took a menu, found a table, and ordered at the bar. The choice of food was pretty underwhelming for one who isn't a fan of steak, but it filled me. Once again my room was too hot to sleep, despite the window having been left open for 24 hours and the fan left running all day.

The next night saw a further degradation in the restaurant. I went at the same time as the previous night and as the restaurant looked pretty busy I went straight into the pub. There was a queue at the bar so I looked at the menu and waited for it to quieten down, then went to order. I was stunned when the barman told me that they had stopped taking orders for food - at 7.15PM - as it was busy, and they would be taking orders again "hopefully in about half an hour." I pointed out that I had just seen two people placing food orders and he replied that "they were already in the queue," and the fact that I had taken a menu from him moments earlier didn't make a difference - I couldn't order. As I was exhausted from lack of sleep I'd planned an early night for myself so rather than wait until 8 or so to place an order I headed to the reception where my evening meal turned out to be a bag of Mini Cheddars and a Snickers bar from the vending machine. Sadly it seems there are no other restaurants in the vicinity, and the pub didn't suggest any alternatives after their shocking announcement that they weren't serving food at dinner time. Previously I've been in restaurants and pubs where, when busy, they've still taken orders but said the food will be an hour or so before it is ready, but here they just stopped taking orders full stop, and at 7.15 in the evening. Completely absurd, and entirely unacceptable.

The third night was once again sleepless, not helped by some idiot running up and down the corridor outside my room banging on random doors at 1.30 AM. Not the fault of the hotel, I know.

So, would I stay there again? The room was nice, although way too hot in the warm weather, and I didn't get much sleep (I didn't mention it to the reception as I feared they would make me spend another sleepless night there!) and it was very close to where I needed to be, but the service and attitude of the staff in the restaurant was shockingly, unacceptably bad, and with no other options for food available in the vicinity this wasn't good at all.

Room Tip: Lower floors felt cooler than the upper ones. May be worth emailing / phoning the hotel before arrival to find out if you are in the annexe or the main building, so you can park closer.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nasalhair
longwall, Manager at Premier Inn Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Good Morning and thank you for your detailed feedback on our hotel.

I have passed your comments about the restaurant on to the Restaurant General Manager and he will be investigating your issues. I am sorry that your experience was not acceptable to you.
We are working closely together to ensure that the whole stay meets our guest expectations.

We do try to minimise the heat within the rooms by offering more fans, shutting the curtains to keep the sun out, offering sheets instead of the duvet as well as anything specific you require.
Our reception would have tried to either correct the issues you had by moving your room or offering additional support. They are the first point of contact for any problems as without feedback to them we cannot correct these issues. If none of these actions improved your stay then we would have offered to refund you under the terms of our "Good Night Guarantee".

I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations on this occasion, but I hope that it has not detered you from staying with us in the future.

Many thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in July over the Formula 1 weekend as booked with Thomas Cook Sport. Hotel was easy to find, quite close to Oxford where we spent the day. Hotel and room was very clean and comfortable. Room had a lovely double bed and single bed (stayed in a family room as were mother and daughter). Room also had a desk and chair and big TV with freeview, air con, kettle and tea/coffee making facilities, which were replenished after the first night. Ensuite was nice, with shower and bath, toilet and sink with space for toiletries although provided with handwash and Imperial Leather body wash. Buffet breakfast was lovely each morning, lots of cereal, yoghurts, fruit, bread/toast, crumpets and hot breakfast food too. Tea, coffee and juices available too. Overall nice stay and hoping to stay next year for the Formula 1 again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Good Morning and thank you for your feedback on your recent stay.

I am pleased that you had a great stay and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Thanks again.

Cluster General Manager

Reviewed July 25, 2012

First time at this restuarant in oxford. The service was very quick. Although I was here at 18:00.

Firstly I couldn't believe how expensive the food was here. Not much (if anything) for under £10!

So I thought I would give it the benefit of the doubt and assume the meal would be above average. Well I was let down! The food was ok, above all the size of the portions were very small for the price and most chips were raw.

I don't even usually eat much but I wish I ate before I came to the restaurant! Perhaps thats there way of getting you to order desert!

Ok so I just had a desert.... Oh dear.... I had the chocolate fudge sundae and there were TWO small bits of brownie in there. I have decided I am not coming back!!

The service was very quick which didn't add up seeing as the food was'nt great.

Probably wouldn't come here again. Here for business so no even paying myself!!

Whitbread-77, Steven Hicks, Social Media at Premier Inn Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our customers have a comfortable and enjoyable experience, and for this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs.

Please accept my apologies for the poor service you received in the restaurant. Your comments regarding this have been duly noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at the hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Very friendly staff, a typically very good room, with an excellent new flatscreen digital TV, comfortable bed and two pillows each. Very clean bathroom. Exactly what I expect to get from a Premier Inn.
The fan in the room was appreciated as the weather was hot when we stayed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blorengia

Good Morning,

I am pleased you had a good stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.