“Recent visit”

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
ieldsheff
“Recent visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed for two nights in this premier Inn, was very pleased with the service throughout, the beefeater pub attatched is excellent, the food is superb.
The only downside was that the Inn is alongside a duel carraigeway, but in fairness our room was very near the road and I only heard the traffic a little,

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
longwall, Manager at Premier Inn Oxford Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Premier Inn, Oxford.
I am pleased you had a great stay with us.
We do try to accomodate guest's requests if you wanted to move to a room further from the road, but I am pleased that it did not affect your stay.

Hope to see you soon.

Oxford Cluster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Ashford, Middlesex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

I had never stayed in a premier inn before and was slightly dubious, until I was persuaded to try it. The staff were very helpful, the room large enough for our purposes and very clean, the TV was huge and we got a great two nights sleep.
There was some building work being done, but it didn't affect our stay. The view could have been better, but it rained most of the time anyway. Breakfast was good, but not great.
We had a great time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
I have shared your comments with the team as you have summed up what we are trying to achieve in a few sentences!
I am sure if you come back to us in the summer we might even have the sunshine out for you!
(no promises, but will try our best)

Thanks for trying Premier Inn and hope to see you soon.

Hayling Island, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

Overall the suroundings and staff were verry helpful and pleasant, The only issue we had was that it was a disabled room and only had one bed. WE could not fault the cleanliness of the room or the helpfullness of the staff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank norma d
Heart of England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

I stayed in the annex over the weekend of the 3 - 4 March. The room, recently refurbished still has the new carpet smell and was spotlessly clean. The bedroom was located at the back of the building and was incredibly quiet given the proximity of the busy ring road. The staff were friendly and very helpful, booking taxis into town (£6.30 to the High Street in the city centre). Breakfast was in the adjacent Beefeater and had the usual selection of continental or full english, but without restriction on what you loaded on the plate made it reasonable value for money. The hotel offered a good balance between quality and price and was located close enough to Oxford city centre that the short taxi ride was not a particular negative. I would unquestionably stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ferdinand_Magellan
Good afternoon and thanks for the great review.
I have passed your positive comments onto the team and hope to see you soon.

Cluster General Manager
Chichester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

Good choice for this part of Oxford - to minimise the noise from the by-pass choose rooms in the annex

Room Tip: Annex as above
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the tip.
Any further feedback can be directed to myself or the team at the hotel.

Many thanks

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

New style room is good but it needs somewhere comfortable to sit for 2 people, not using the bed. WiFi was not working but probably because power was cut off in some areas due to re-build. Food and service v. Good by pub standards.

Room Tip: Avoid the annex.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review.
We are really pleased that you liked the new style rooms. All have a desk chair, but depending on the set up will have either a tub chair or sofabed in the room.
If you require an extra chair on your next stay then please don't hesitate to ask.
We recently changed wi-fi provider and we did have a few teething problems at the time. Our apologies for that. The reason for the change in supplier was to be able to offer 30 mins free per day and only £3 for 24hours access.
I am pleased you enjoyed the restaurant and hope to see you soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed here the weekend of the 17-19th February 2012. I was shown to the annex, where I was pleasantly surprised to find a waft of fresh carpet smell when I entered the room. The room was spick and span and incredibly clean! The double bed was comfortable, lighting was adequate, shower was hot and the 32" TV mounted on the wall was a bonus! I slept well and was not disturbed by any noise from either other guests or the ring road traffic. I will definitely be returning next time I am in Oxford. Let's hope that my expectations are met with the same standard, when the new carpet smell has worn off!

Fortunately had transport to and from the Premier Inn, although I am informed by a friend that you can easily get the Number 1 bus into Oxford! Oh and there's a Tesco and a Burger King not too far away either. Can't comment on the breakfast as I decided not to buy it as an optional extra.

Only negatives: the room on the 2nd night was a little cold, the body lotion/shampoo dispenser in the bath had run out of liquid, (although I had my own) and on my behalf, booking quite late meant the room was quite expensive! Still, that just encourages me to book a few months in advance!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Good Afternoon and thanks for the great review.
We are really happy with our new improved rooms and are glad you were too.
The few negatives you mentioned have been passed onto the maintenance and housekeeping departments as we pride ourselves on getting the detail right.

Hope to see you in the near future and as always the best rates are on our website.

Thanks