All reviews sunday carvery afternoon tea bar meals visiting blenheim palace overnight stay would highly recommend this hotel lovely hotel one night stay christmas party on arrival comfortable room plenty of parking enjoyable stay convenient location reception staff breakfast was excellent car park
Reviewed September 17, 2018

We stayed here for a night while helping out at an event at Blenheim Palace. It's a nice hotel, which I probably would have given 5 stars had it not been for the surly woman on reception in the morning.

Contrary to what was on my Expedia info, breakfast at the weekend is at 0800, not 0700. We told the helpful, friendly staff on reception in the evening that we had to be somewhere at 0800 and they said we would be able to get a continental breakfast from about 0715, along with other people who had asked too.

The room and bathroom were very nice - modern, clean and comfortable. We didn't get to see the public rooms as we arrived quite late.

On going down to breakfast the woman on the reception didn't even look up at us. She only said Good Morning after I said it first. When I asked about the early breakfast, she replied 'Who told you that ?' The breakfast room eventually opened at 0725 and we quickly ate before leaving (nothing special in the way of cereal and toast).

It was a shame my last impression of the hotel was of a not very pleasant member of staff - a smile goes a long way!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank asmp
Reviewed September 14, 2018

Recently i hosted an event at the Holt Hotel for our TVR Pre 80s Extravaganza.
Well it was amazing the hotel really did do everything to make our weekend special.
We had a great gala dinner on the Saturday night and the food was fantastic i can really recommend the sticky toffee pudding i just wish i had left room for seconds.
A really great family run hotel and you will enjoy your visit.
Friendly Helpful and accommodating.

Room tip: Upgrade to a balcony room is nice Family rooms are amazing and well worth booking with children
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2018

We stayed at the Holt for a weeks holiday 6/9-13/9/18.
It’s a lovely hotel, very welcoming staff, lovely clean rooms, our room overlooked the garden & patio
.Great food for breakfasts & evening meals in the bar.
I would agree with the previous reviewer that the bar staff are overstretched in the evenings, sometimes only one trying to cover meals & bar requirements.
But all in all a great hotel with easy access to Oxford.

Room tip: No lift to first floor.
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank cathsagagirl
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Brilliant staff on reception both evening and morning.
An attractive building with some very modern rooms and some very traditional. The food was exceptional, I had baked Camembert and it was fantastic breakfast was also excellent

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1968MrsWak
Reviewed September 7, 2018

Nice Hotel, Nice Clean rooms and good safe parking.
The hotel was found to be poorly staffed and this caused lots of problems when a larger party stayed.. First night 10 people ordered dinner.. The food came to the first 2 people who ordered, They got their starter and mains before any other starters came.. then food came randomly with 2 guests being forgotten about altogether.....

2nd Night we had a function and Buffet meal.. The buffet meal should really be named a serve yourself set meal!! 1st course was a salad course starter. Main was a choice of 3, one of which was lasagne.. By that time the salad had been taken away so a serving spoon full of lasagne with a slice of garlic bread had to suffice.... A few lettuce leaves as an accompaniment would have been nice...... I developed a thirst so because there was no bar in the function room I had to walk around the twists and turns of the corridors to join the end of the bar queue to wait 15 - 20 minutes behind 10 other guests to get a drink...

That weekend we only counted 3-4 staff and a night shift concierge... The staff were pleasant enough apart from the one that got into a friends face after he dared complain about the poor service at dinner the first evening.. The staff who were on duty in my opinion were very poorly supported by managers and it seems to me that the hotel is run very short staffed.. This spoilt what should have been a much better weekend.

Room tip: My room was Nice and clean but no view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends