“Good appetizers”

Add it.
Arbat
Cuisines: Russian
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I liked the place, especially the appetizers. We waited a bit too long for main course, probably because the restaurant was full with a big company, but it was acceptable for me.

Try the aubergine.

1  Thank dzver

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Good atmosphere. Helpful staff. Food OKish. Average wait. Dumplings are certainly overpriced.
Good location.
Would not be my first choice, but acceptable.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

IF and ONLY if you like Russian food and can appreciate the very kitsch post-soviet atmosphere - this is a great place to eat. The fish assortment as a starter is absolutely amazing. If you do not generally enjoy Russian food - abstain - you will not find mediterranean spices or lavish spicy dishes - they serve Russian food. In the background they play quite silly Russian pop music, so if you don't find this entertaining - abstain. Otherwise, their borsch and chicken Kievs are great. The bilinis with salmon caviar are pretty good too. I looked at the other reviews on this site and realised that many of the negative reviews have to do with people that do not enjoy Russian cuisine rather than this restaurant being unauthentic. I would definitely recommend going there with a Russian or someone who is well acquainted with the culture, but avoid if it's not something you enjoy to begin with. The food was relatively cheap compared to making it yourself and the time most of the dishes take to make. The service was polite but not amazingly serviable as you would find in most English restaurants.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have only been once, with friends. The food was awful (I had a chicken kiev - which had potential to outstanding for over £10 for a main but was terrible.). Most food on menu was deep fried, tasteless and poorly presented. We also had a fish platter that exhibited at least 4 grades of 'saltiness' that masked any other flavours on the plate. The memory of this place is fresh in my mind as one of the worst restaurant experiences I've ever had. The waitress made us feel extremely unwelcome. The price was very high. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. I have lived in the area for over 10 years and rarely see people in this restaurant - even on a Friday and Saturday - its amazing they are still in business!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I went last week and I found the service very good and the quality of food outstanding!It was served in a reasonable time and the restaurant has a nice relaxed vibe .The restaurant is very clean and the staff are really friendly!I will be coming again and i hope this local restaurant does well!