No photo provided
Add it.
Arbat
Cuisines: Russian
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The food was all very good and fitted with the expectations of Russian food - lots of meat, potatoes, and cabbage. However, the portions were quite small and the prices quite a bit higher than average, so I left feeling a tad short changed.

However, the vodka selection is superb. I can recommend, if they still have it, the honey and pepper vodka is a must.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have been to 'Arbat' many times, both with just my significant other and with friends. As a Russian-speaker I might be partial, but their food is truly authentic and fresh! Sometimes the service can be a tad slow, but it is well worth the wait. Tasted many dishes and have always been very happy with the food! Try 'Arbat's' chilled vodka in a frozen glass - it goes really well with the cuisine!

A bit of a warning: in general Russian food is quite stodgy and salty. So be prepared for this when you go there!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We had an excellent meal at this Russian restaurant in Oxford. We were looking for something a bit different from our usually curry or pizza and we certainly found it. The food was superb and was served promptly, but had clearly been freshly prepared. We would highly recommend a visit.