“Good location, a bit noisy though!”
Review of YHA Oxford

YHA Oxford
Ranked #3 of 21 Specialty Lodging in Oxford
Toronto, Canada
“Good location, a bit noisy though!”
Reviewed February 1, 2009

Hostel is located close to town which is convenient, but is a bit TOO close to the train station (pretty much on top of it) which can be quite lound at night - bring ear plugs! Dorm rooms were fairly spacious and comfortable, but rooms could get quite hot at night. The free hot b/fast was fantastic! Internet prices are way too much though. You are better of using an internet cafe in town.

• Liked — Breakfast!
  • Disliked — Noisy!
  • Stayed August 2008
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Leiden, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 29, 2009

We booked a room last minute, because our hotel had made some bookingmistake. The hostel however was fine. Showers weren't very new or modern, but beds were ok, rooms were clean. ++ for breakfast and location

• Liked — breakfast in the garden
  • Disliked — shower
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 24, 2008

I would like to tell everyone what a wonderful place YHA Oxford is, so much so, I didn't wait to get home to do it. I am writing this after one night's stay and am actually staying there tonight as well. After doing all the research I decided to stay here and am very happy I did. My daughter is taking a class at Oxford and we will begin our European adventure in a few days. I knew I would be spending enough money on other nights' stays elsewhere and wanted to find something that would save me money wherever possible.

YHA is everything I would ever want in any place. The reception area when I arrived (at 7:00 PM) was clean and peaceful. The receptionist was wonderful and accommodating. The room was clean and the beds and bedding were new and fresh. The bathroom was clean and even the stairway smelled like soap! I was in a room with 3 bunk beds and my roommates were a grandmother and her two granddaughters. They have a great breakfast and have a lovely area to eat either inside or on the terrace outdoors. I must admit I was unsure what it would be like staying at a hostel since this is my first experience, but if the rest of my European vacation is anything like my stay here I would be very satisfied and content. Anyone unsure, like I was, where they should stay while in Oxford should not hesitate to book YHA. They will not be disappointed and in fact happy they did.

Gosia from Chicago

• Liked — value, cleanliness, service, breakfast that was included
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008
Waco, Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2008

My sister and I stayed here while we visited our daughters who were studying abroad for a semester. We stayed in one of the private rooms (for 2). The room was clean, simple. We had a private bathroom in our room. My only complaint about the place is the dual top sheet/bottom sheet that was on the bed was a nuisance...but with the money we saved, it was worth getting used to. Our daughters stayed in hostels all over Europe and they thought we were snobs to be staying in such a nice hostel, after some of the ones that they stayed in.

The breakfast was deliscious..not just cereal, but a hot protein rich breakfast.....eggs, ham, sausages.

• Liked — price...great breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing