“Appalling”
Review of Ramada Oxford

Ramada Oxford
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I booked this hotel last minute on behalf of my husband who was stuck in his lorry. I checked on line and realised they had rooms available for £65 so just to double check availability called the hotel direct to book. They informed me that the room was £75 as they only had executive rooms left. I explained the website says rooms available for £65 and he said my manager said thats what we have. I decided to call the main reservation number and check this out and was told that the room was £65, therefore I booked a double room at that price and received an email confirming this. Upon arriving at the hotel, my husband was told there was no reservation, so my husband showed them the email on his phone stating the booking and the guy just stood there.... after a few minutes he said he'd find him a room, so they put him in a single room. The room itself had no kettle, no remote control to the TV (minor irritation) and when my husband came to have a shower the next morning there was no soap in the dispenser. I received a reply to an email complaint saying that they had received the reservation but they were fully booked and had to put my husband in a single room. I find this hard to believe when we were offered a more expensive executive room, there were plenty available on line and what would have happened had we been a couple staying there....

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed June 26, 2010

There wasn't any air conditioning, and the room was very hot all night. Still, the hotel was a good value and was conveniently located for our needs.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I booked here as my husband had been transferred to the J.R. hospital and my son and I needed to be near.
The main attraction was the price as considering it was all done very last minute proved great value. I had originally booked for 2 nights but the manager very kindly agreed for me to let them know by the morning of second day whether or not we needed that night. as things turned out we only stayed the first night but no cancellation charge made.
It is a budget hotel / motel situated within a service station, but considering this it was unexpectedly quiet & we slept with the window open!!!
The bed was very comfortable & you had all you would require in the room. Even a trouser press!!
The continental breakfast is served in your room & was more than plenty. but you do have the option of the food hall just next door.
There's a waitrose express type store there too.
Overall I was very impressed, the staff were friendly & very approachable.
I would definitely look them out again where ever we may travel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2010

Stayed for 1 night with my partner.

This hotel definitely met our expectations for a budget hotel. The room was on par with those of similar hotels, i.e. clean, modern decor, functional bathroom, TV, etc. but went a little further by including a trouser press (never seen that before in a budget hotel) and complimentary toiletries (shaving foam, toothpaste, etc.) provided on request as per a sign posted in the bathroom.

It is located very close to Bicester shopping outlet and Oxford so it was a good option for our shopping + sightseeing trip.

Would have no hesitation staying in there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Stayed for one night enroute to the Cotswolds and I have to say that the stay albeit brief was pleasant. I was perturbed by some of the "bile-filled" reviews on TA but I found the room large. clean and well equiped. It is certainly better than the typical Travelodge at the moment (which is a direct competitor on price). We paid £35 per room for a family of 4 we didn't really want to leave as we felt quite settled.

On arrival we asked the lady on reception for a restaurant recommendation. She complied and we had a nice meal only 10 minutes away. KFC and Burger King is not the only option!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Wow, the room was damp, musty, smelled. The bathroom was dirty, ( soap and hair still in the shower!) I travel for work, and I'm quite used to budget hotels. This was the worst I have ever stayed with. I was attending the Annual Southern Food Symposium, and was looking forward to the trip. The thought of relaxing in the room was too much to bear. We checked out a ay early, with a receipt. However the hotel charged us for the full stay any way.when I talked to the manager, he told me that a college student made the reciept, so he would not honor it, or credit my card, His reason? All of his employees are college students and they don't know the policy, they just check you in and out,

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Budget hotel, clean with adequate bed. Bed was both bouncy and hard when I tried to sleep on my side, quite high too. Window had a slider for night ventilation but even when closed it didn't really cut out much of the noise from the nearby motorway. Sink/ bath drained a bit slowly I didn't look too closely for the reason. Plenty of parking in the supermarket car park but even on a Sunday evening it was hard to find space by the hotel. If you have a car the park and ride is not far and for 2 adults after 9 the fare was supposed to be 4 pounds, under 16 free. We found free parking on the road on the outskirts on Sunday and walked into Oxford.

Recommend the city bus tours with live guides. Each puts a slightly different slant on the commentary. Ask for the free poncho if it's wet or look for the one with some cover upstairs.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family