I travel on business and use many hotels especially in and around the oxford area. I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights recently.
1. The room was quiet
2. The room was clean
3. The price was reasonable for the standard of hotel
4. The hotel was in good condition.
1. The hotel was overrun by people including a lot of noisy tourists. The room was quiet and became my sanctuary. This isn't ideal if you want a quiet time.
2. Breakfast although included in the price was very disappoint. The cooked breakfast amount to cheap sausages, over-cooked scrambled eggs and beans.
3. The hotel is miles from any facilities with the notable exception of the Vue cinema which I was tempted to visit
4. Food is not allowed in room. I hoped to order a pizza delivery and eat in my room but this was not permitted. This seems childish.
5. There is no restaurant and the area is not rich with alternate options without having a car drive. This needs to be addressed in my opinion as the hotel is in such a remote location.
6. Public transport [bus] is a 10 minute walk from the hotel and takes you through the notorious Blackbird Leys estate. You will see some sights if you choose this option.
7. Otherwise its taxi or car if you want to get to the centre of Oxford.
8. The free WIFI signal in my room was poor rendering the service unusable.
9. The man at the reception was a little abrupt and unwelcoming.
I won't be visiting this hotel again as there are too many cons.
I will however stay at the Holiday Inn on the other side of Oxford if I can get a discounted deal. This is a step-up in quality. Perhaps not surprising.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Express by Holiday Inn Hotel, Kassam Stadium-Oxford is ideally situated for business or pleasure. By car only 14 minutes from Oxford city centre, one hour from Heathrow Airport and an ideal base for exploring the Cotswolds or visiting one of the Oxford theatres, BMW Mini or the John Radcliffe Hospital . Popular local attractions include: Ashmolean Museum, Botanic Gardens, Pitt Rivers Museum, Blenheim Palace, Bicester Village, Oxford University, walking tours, punting on the river and many more.The Express is next door to the Quadrangle Conference Centre & Kassam Stadium and a few minutes walk from Oxford Science Park. There are plenty of entertainment facilities within 5 minutes walk of the hotel: including two restaurants, 11 screen cinema, 10 pin bowling, Gala bingo, children's activity centre and leisure club. The Leisure Club has a 20m Swimming Pool, with a large gym with steam room, sauna spa pool and various aerobics classes (must book). Guests staying at the hotel can buy a pass for the leisure club for only 5. The Express by Holiday Inn has a Meet Smart conference room, ideal for meetings for up to 30. High speed wireless Internet is available throughout the hotel.Maximum 3 adults per room, supplement for third adult. All rooms are non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Oxford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Oxford Hotel Oxford
- Holiday Inn Oxford