“Really lovely. Great food, great service, great value.”
Review of Le Kesh

Le Kesh
Ranked #53 of 629 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Really lovely. Great food, great service, great value.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

A really great meal complemented by efficient and polite service. A bit of a draught when the back door was opened but otherwise perfect!

1 Thank Tony B

Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“A great find”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were in Oxford to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and stumbled on Le Kesh. Warm cosy restaurant , and we had the lamb tagine. Tender full of flavour and really nice. Starters were delicious, and will come back if we are in Oxford again. Off to Le Manoir for celebration lunch today. Hope it's as good!

3 Thank Vicsibson
Oxford, United Kingdom
“What a nice change.”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was given a voucher to this restaurant and had some reservations as my wife is a vegetarian and tries to avoid very spicy food.
We were nicely surprised with our whole experience. The service was wonderful and friendly, happily giving advice and interesting information about the food and culture.
I was rather daunted about parking but easily found parking at the rear of Tesco, opposite the restaurant.
Parking charges in Oxford are very high but don't under-estimate the period of time as even a few minutes late you get fined - £50 but £100 if you don't pay early enough.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Richard D
Reading, United Kingdom
“No stock and vegetarian options minimal....”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I attended Le Kesh after rave reviews from a few friends. It was payday and felt like treating myself.........

The resturant is situated on the busy Cowley road and always looks full from the outside which is certainly a good sign.........I was greeted by some very nice staff. One of the good points of the resturant. However it is a little cramped in there. We had a baby pretty much on our table which instantly puts me off my food and ruined the atmosphere for me. The beer was a little pricey for a 330ml but they had a Lebonise beer which helped to make the experience a little more authentic. The starters were amazing. However when we ordered we were informed that about 6 of the dishes were unavailable, including the fish of the day.

Now here was my main issue with the place. The vegetarian options were weak. 2 options both the same. One with Okra and one with carrots. The couscous dish I opted for was delicious but for the price was a little expensive. Couscous, a few chickpeas and a tomato sauce are not worth £8! Could of made it at home for about £1.50.

All in all this is a good resturant.My friend really enjoyed his lamb dish it just isn't suitable for vegetarians in my honest opinion.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Wells666
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“Excellent Feast”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I visited Le Kesh to celebrate my birthday with some friends. We decided to order the Le Kesh Feast (requires 4 diners), which turned out to be a excellent choice, as we got a wide choice of starters followed by 4 different main dishes which we shared between us. Which was enough to fill us all, the kitchen was very flexible in catering for the fact that we had several vegetarians among us, making sure they got sufficient choice in food as well. For £ 15 per head I would argue its good value. The place had a good atmosphere and friendly staff. I would recommend it for anyone who likes North African and Middle Eastern Food.

• Visited February 2013