“What a nice change.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Kesh

Le Kesh
Ranked #63 of 627 Restaurants in Oxford
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oxford, United Kingdom
“What a nice change.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was given a voucher to this restaurant and had some reservations as my wife is a vegetarian and tries to avoid very spicy food.
We were nicely surprised with our whole experience. The service was wonderful and friendly, happily giving advice and interesting information about the food and culture.
I was rather daunted about parking but easily found parking at the rear of Tesco, opposite the restaurant.
Parking charges in Oxford are very high but don't under-estimate the period of time as even a few minutes late you get fined - £50 but £100 if you don't pay early enough.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Richard D

Reading, United Kingdom
“No stock and vegetarian options minimal....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I attended Le Kesh after rave reviews from a few friends. It was payday and felt like treating myself.........

The resturant is situated on the busy Cowley road and always looks full from the outside which is certainly a good sign.........I was greeted by some very nice staff. One of the good points of the resturant. However it is a little cramped in there. We had a baby pretty much on our table which instantly puts me off my food and ruined the atmosphere for me. The beer was a little pricey for a 330ml but they had a Lebonise beer which helped to make the experience a little more authentic. The starters were amazing. However when we ordered we were informed that about 6 of the dishes were unavailable, including the fish of the day.

Now here was my main issue with the place. The vegetarian options were weak. 2 options both the same. One with Okra and one with carrots. The couscous dish I opted for was delicious but for the price was a little expensive. Couscous, a few chickpeas and a tomato sauce are not worth £8! Could of made it at home for about £1.50.

All in all this is a good resturant.My friend really enjoyed his lamb dish it just isn't suitable for vegetarians in my honest opinion.

1 Thank Wells666
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“Excellent Feast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I visited Le Kesh to celebrate my birthday with some friends. We decided to order the Le Kesh Feast (requires 4 diners), which turned out to be a excellent choice, as we got a wide choice of starters followed by 4 different main dishes which we shared between us. Which was enough to fill us all, the kitchen was very flexible in catering for the fact that we had several vegetarians among us, making sure they got sufficient choice in food as well. For £ 15 per head I would argue its good value. The place had a good atmosphere and friendly staff. I would recommend it for anyone who likes North African and Middle Eastern Food.

2 Thank Trygveb
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and attentive staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Only visiting Oxford for a concert nearby and went into the Kesh by chance. I am glad we did as the food was excellent. The lamb I had was tender and complimented by a depth of flavours within the rest of the dish. An excellent deal of starter and a main with glass of wine for just over a tenner. We had a couple of extras including Lebanese beer and two pots of mint tea, with one on the house. We bought the chef a drink and the patron was attentive and pleased we enoyed the food. A real bonus for an evening out and I would recommend the Kesh, which was quiet when we first arived but warmed up with more people and good vibe by the time we left. A definite to revisit

3 Thank Surreyscottie
Thurston, Suffolk, England, United Kingdom
“Moroccan at its best 👍”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

What a great night for a group of ladies visiting Oxford on a girly weekend.
Staff were very accommodating & friendly & the food was gorgeous.
Would definitely go again.

2 Thank Lisa B