“Good place for lunch.”
Review of The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms
Ranked #8 of 57 Nightlife in Oxford
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Nice big pub with plenty of space. Good honest pub grub. Took the dog where she was treated to her own howl of biscuits and water. The barmaid was really fantastic, saying that all the staff were friendly.

1  Thank JCG2Glasgow

Reviewed December 13, 2012

It's hard to get a good burger when you're vegetarian, but this pub had an A+ grade burger. Highly recommended. The warm cider was also great. Service was friendly and very fast. A great pub!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Very nice pub although nearly always really busy .

Nice change from the Greene King range of beers ... Its a Youngs Pub ... also do some very tasty bar snacks like home made scotch eggs .

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hadn't been in here for many years but a cousin from USA was over & wanted to go & check it out. It is of course pretty much in the middle of the city & as expected is really geared to the student population. That said, the beer (Youngs) is fine the food adequate & the staff friendly & helpful. We didn't think it expensive like many other reviewers have suggested, they obviously don't know Oxford & its prices very well. The choice is not vast & I doubt much is fresh veg etc but its ok & fine for a lunchtime. The place does still retain many of its old features & is worth checking out if you have not visited a typical Oxford student watering hole before.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Went here on my 'crusade' looking for a good Sunday roast that I could recommend to guests at my Guest house. I didn't like having to get drinks separately to ordering food. We ordered fish and chips and I had the roast beef. Fish & Chips was pleasant and well priced. However the roast beef was £12.99 which immediately raises the expectations of hoping for something pretty good. I was so disappointed, bland, over cooked beef, watery gravy, previously frozen Yorkshire and roast potatoes...... I didn't even eat half of it. I did tell staff who then didn't charge me for my dinner. However I'd rather have had a lovely dinner which I would have been happy to pay for, instead of going home and making toast!!

1  Thank LolaOxford