“Bike tour of Oxford”

$27.71*
and up
2-Hour Cycle Tour in Oxford
More attraction details
Owner description: Oxford is a beautiful city packed full of fascinating and historic architecture, spacious countryside, relaxing rivers & canals and has been (and continues to be) where many inspirational people have called home. We are very pleased to be able to offer our unique and award winning Cycle Hire, Cycle Tours and Cycle holidays to help explore, understand and enjoy our beautiful county. Cycle hire is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week from various places in the city our 7 days a week from our shop in Jericho Cycle tours are available as guided and unguided ranging from 2 hours to all day. We run the only Quality Assured (awarded by Enjoy England – official tourist board) cycle tour in the UK – ‘The Official Oxford Cycle Tour’. The holidays explore Oxford, the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon (depending on holiday) Includes hotel bookings, lunch stops, dinner stops, points of interest on route and luggage transfers. All of our services are child friendly and are designed to enjoy the sights at a leisurely pace – you don’t need to be fit to enjoy cycling with us.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bike tour of Oxford”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Husband and I took a cycle tour of Oxford on Saturday with Steve.
It was a fantastic way to see so many sights and landmarks in a relatively short period of time. The whole tour took just over 3 hours. Steve was extremely knowledgable, providing a fascinating and interesting backdrop to all that we saw. He readily admitted that he could say so much more if only time allowed. A place comes alive when someone with so much passion for his subject tells it his way. Questions were encouraged and even welcomed. A relatively easy ride with a very pleasant stop at The Trout, made famous by Morse, for a beverage midway through.
Thoroughly recommend this tour as a way to see the city.
My husband's only quibble was that a sign was not clear indicating who and where our guide was when we first arrived.
Maybe Steve needs to wear a brightly coloured t-shirt with Bainton Bikes emblazoned upon it...sorry Steve

2 Thank Pauline W

Helmdon, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Cycling in Oxford”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had a great three hours cycle tour of Oxford, in the capable hands of Dave, from Bainton Bikes. They are in Walton St, Jericho, but you are also able to book the tours from the Tourist Information Centre in Broad St, where you meet the Guide and pickup the bikes.
we set off at a leisurely pace, which was just as well as it was one of the hottest days of the year.
Inbetween,ducking and diving down back lanes and avoiding touristsstopping at points of interest, like the pub where J R R Tolkein used to drink with his literary chums.We headed out of the hustle and bustle to Port Meadows and along the river to The Trout Inn at Wolvercote, where a welcome drink was waiting for us.From there we cycled back into the city, through the leafy suburbs, passed Pitt Rivers and back to Broad Street.
It was a great way to see some of the hidden corners of a city you think you know.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jebcreates
NJ
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Marvelous way to spend the day”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

With my wife and 3 teenage sons we took a guided bike tour of Oxford. It was a great way to see the City including the beautiful countryside that is part of the city. Our guide was friendly, informative and just a pleasure to be around. We saw the highlights of the city and then later in the week we went back to a few of the places (The Trout Pub and Pitt Rivers Museum) that really stood out as something we wanted to spend more time at. We have active teenagers who get bored looking at churches and museums so the Bainton Bike tour was a perfect way for them to spend the day.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank LuckyLeoNJ
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Fantastic cycle tour of Oxford”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I saw tickets for a three hour bike tour around Oxford and thought it sounded like a great idea. So off we went my husband and I and our 12 year old son. We met Steve, our guide, who was just like a very knowledgeable friend. We had a super day and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was a lot of fun.
I shall definitely be booking with this wonderful company again to try another tour- there are many!
Highly recommend- go for it- you won't be disappointed.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank WellHappy59
Birmingham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Brilliant Cycle Tour in Oxford”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I had a brillaint time on this tour! I didn't know much about Oxford but decided to go to the city on a whim as I'd heard good things about the place. I got in touch with Bainton Bikes who I'd seen advertised for cycle tours; I'm not much of a cyclist but the weather was good and I thought 'what the hell, why not?'

The person I spoke to over the phone was friendly and informative and gave me clear instructions about where to go to meet up for the tour. I was also able to hire a bike from them aswell, for a surprisingly cheap price considering it was a decent bike. The tour guide himself was extremely knowledgable and funny. What's more he was happy to move the tour at a pace that suited everybody, so it didn't feel like we were being rushed and didn't feel like we were lagging or missing anything. The tour itself took us to loads of different places in Oxford and we were given decent snippits of the history and other interesting information of the sights we saw. It was very informative and memorable!

I will definately return to Oxford again and will DEFINATELY bring friends with me on another tour with Bainton Bikes. I can fully recommend it as part of the Oxford Experience!

Gav