“Awful ”

Malikas
Ranked #58 of 713 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Malikas in the heart of Cowley Road offers a unique Indian food dining experience. The restaurant presents constantly evolving menus and a carefully matched wine list - all designed to reflect an ethos of novelty and creativity in a newly redesign dining room.We are unique in spanning a fine dining restaurant serving real Indian cuisines. The restaurant is highly acclaimed and is widely regarded as amongst the best Indian cuisine in Oxford.
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

We ordered 5 dishes in total , 2 of the meat dishes Sabzi jalfrezi and murgh chilli Mumbai and one veg dish , Mutar baigon were all served in the same red , tasteless sauce pretty much inedible! . The dhal and Chot Poti were fine as well as the keema naan . We have had both good. Nf average meals here in the past , we will not eat here again

Malikas O, Owner at Malikas, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Hi Alison sorry to hear that you had a bad experience dining in our restaurant ,I would be greatfull if you came to dine in our restaurant and gave us a nother chance to put the whole meal from the restaurant to say haw sorry we are
We look forward to see you soon
Mohammed (manager at malikas)

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Best onion bhajis ever, very friendly staff and a really delicious tikka option! Would massively recommend

Ahad S, Guest Relations Manager at Malikas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Jemma P,

We are very glad to hear you enjoy our onion bhajis and tikka!

We are delighted to have your recommendation and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

Came here with a few friends for dinner and we were all very impressed. Lovely restaurant with a nice atmosphere and brilliant service. We ordered a variety of dishes to share and ate way too much but couldn't help ourselves, it was so nice! The only dish we weren't keen on was the biryani... wasn't quite up to scratch of other places but tasted ok none the less. Will definitely be going back for the all you can eat!!!

Reviewed April 8, 2018

I have not visited this restaurant but have ordered a takeaway to be delivered. I ordered for the 5th time yesterday and it will be my last. The first time the food was absolutely delicious. I got 2 free pompadoms and small onion salad and some dips. The next 2 deliveries were good. The 4th arrived and was not up to scratch and was Luke warm. The delivery I had yesterday was appalling. I ordered mushroom rice which is usually delicious , not so yesterday. My nan bread was burnt and was horrible and I had to tear all the burnt bits off which only left half that was edible. My lamb passanda was disgusting. It didn't even look like lamb passanda as the colour was totally different to any I've had before. There was so much oil floating on the top that it put me off. As a takeaway is a treat for me nowadays I didn't want to waste it. I took off 6 dessert spoons of oil and there was still far too much left. I mixed it up and started to eat it. It didn't taste all that nice because it tasted so oily. Before long the oil had all separated again and I couldn't eat any more. I felt I would probably have the least an upset tummy and the worst a heart attack because of how unhealthy my meal was. As times are hard I was very upset that I had spent my hard earned money on this disgusting meal. I also felt guilty for trying to eat such an unhealthy meal and worried of the effect it would have on my body.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

It’s so nice and beautiful restaurant and lovely service. All the time when I go in feel like I m in my house.