“Endless wait, food half cold, food unimpressive”
Review of The Oxford Thai - CLOSED

The Oxford Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was here recently with my girlfriend. It took them half an hour to bring the starters, after we had already waited a decent while to even place our order. When the mixed starters arrived, the chicken satay and the dim-sum where almost cold. We mentioned this to the waitress who was at least kind enough to offer us a 5% discount on our bill. I would still have preferred warm food though.

The main courses were a mixed bag. The stir fry chicken was a bit bland and had a tad too much fish-sauce for my taste. The green beef curry on the other hand was decent, but not good enough to make me want to return anytime soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My family and I had tea there before attending the O2 Academy opposite. Despite the cleanliness certificates proudly displayed on the walls, there was still a certain griminess about the place that only a deep clean would remove. We had the early bird menu which provided good choice. The vegetable tempuras were very good as were the chicken satay. However, the green chicken curry for main was a little thin, and the chicken pad thai noodles were decidedly chewy.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Lunched here - it was very good value and tasty food. Noticed there were a number of Thai lunchers so it must be doing something authentic

1  Thank krislt28
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I always go straight for the oxford thai as I know the food is of a really good standard, delicious, reliable and really cheap. For some reason it's usually quiet, which is nice, if you want somewhere really relaxed and relaxing, when cowley road is otherwise a bit hectic. yeah bit run down inside, so i'm always surprised at how the food is always so good! really love the massuman curry, and the duck curry. served in cocanut shell. rice comes in a star shape. cashew nut vegetables lovely too. mmm.

1  Thank sara_madelaine
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is more like a cafe than a restaurant, but it was friendly, and the food was very good, and very reasonable - set meal for 2 was £13.95 per person. Not the place for a romantic dinner, but good fun with friends. Obviously popoular with locals.

Could do with a re-decoration, but a nice atmosphere.

1  Thank HenryStanley