“Indian & Thai Buffet”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Tired of Chinese takeaways we diverted from our usual restaurants in the Kassam Stadium complex and tried Aziz Express for a change. The staff were welcoming and attentive. There was a wide range of starters and main courses. The courses ranged from mild to hot and spicy with the emphasis on Indian, Pakistani and Thai flavours. We were the last customers of the evening but the staff were willing to cook fresh starters and naan breads for us. The restaurant tends to wind down at about 9:30PM. There were over 20 main courses to choose from. The desserts included a Pakistani style rice pudding along with chocolate gateaux and fresh fruits. The Indian doughnuts are a sickly treat but don't eat too many.

1  Thank plod715

Reviewed March 16, 2014

for just £7.50 I ate as much as I wanted, choosing from six or seven different curried dishes, as well as others, having first enjoyed a range of starters - all fresh, tasty, succulent stuff. Followed up with deserts ranging from gateau through fruit salads and rice pudding. This is the place to go if you need a really good meal for a very economical price. Hygienic, well-organized, very helpful personnel. Really, a treat not to be missed. Have made several equally satisfactory visits.

1  Thank Robert L
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Went here with a group of 6 friends before a movie. Great place the food is amazing, always topped up and very good quality. We ate loads which meant it was very good value, for the price of a hotdog drink and popcorn we had good quality Indian food which filled us nicely. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys a curry.

1  Thank Dipesh P
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This restaurant is terrible, (bear in mind we're not fussy!) went as a group on seven as there was a 45 minute wait for the Chinese next door. I can't believe this is the same place reviewed below?! The drinks took a long time to come, the plates were dirty/wet and there were only 2 or 3 available at a time?! Two of us had hairs in our food, the chicken in one of the curries was pink & jelly like and the rest of the food had no flavour. The chicken korma and masala were both empty for at least 15 minutes and we had to ask for more to be brought out, this was the only time we saw any food being replenished. After the hairs and uncooked chicken none of us wanted to eat anymore and we were really disappointed, the service was poor too. The 'chef' popped his head out of the door several times, that did put you off your food, he was filthy in jeans and a tshirt. After pointing out the problems we were offered 15% off, this was still over £15 per head which was a lot for a poppadum each. Really disappointing and we definitely won't be back.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I went to Aziz recently with my friends who were visiting me here from Europe. Being a food-lover and a frequent traveller,I have been digging cuisines overseas east to west, from Indian to France and ALL throughout UK. And I have to admit that this by far, this is one of the BEST Indian-Asian restaurants, I have attended in my global experience of food hunt! I was more than impressed by the quality and taste of food and service. The ambience was authentic and brilliant and the level of food reached BEYOND my expectation in terms of quality, taste and texture! The spice level was just RIGHT! Great environment especially when it comes to the friendly attitude of the staff! This lady with the saree, was so friendly and cool! I don't think I can ever forget about the way she greeted each and every one of my friends with honour, friendliness and respect. So rare to find people like this, these days in most other restaurants. I totally recommend Aziz to anyone who wishes to have an authentic Indian-Asian food experience. All my friends were very impressed and we look forward to visit again very soon. Keep up the great SPIRIT!

1  Thank Niki A