“Still the best in Oxford”
Review of Jee Saheb

Jee Saheb
Ranked #197 of 686 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Visited with friends recently (it was their first visit) and the food, service and atmosphere were all at their usual high standard. Our friends were particularly impressed. We've visited many Indian/Bangladeshi restaurants in Oxford, this one is consistently the best.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Since I discovered Jee Saheb about 18 months ago, it has been my favourite curry house in Oxford. Not sure why it's taken me so long to write a review for it. The food is all delicious - mains are varied and tasty (particularly the biryani) and there's a good and reasonably priced range of drinks. The atmosphere has always been pleasant - the interior is very nice and the ambience is spot-on. The staff are all very friendly and professional too. My only criticism - and this is clutching at straws - is that the curry portions could be slightly larger (though I'm sure for most people they would be sufficient). Best of all, the prices are very reasonable, particularly for students - 20% the total bill on Sunday-Thursday for students, so even with drinks and poppadoms it ends up about £15/head - pretty good if you ask me.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This restaurant is tucked away down a small lane. The decor is simple yet stylish with white linen table cloths and napkins. The staff are helpful and polite. The food tastes freshly cooked and at £20 per person including the tip you can't go far wrong. As a vegetarian the choice was impressive.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

It was another pleasurable night, my wedding night. I took my wife out to this lovely restaurant in Oxford, situated in a very nice part of the city. The meal we had was so palatable and the staffs too were nice and friendly. The price was very affordable, the environment is conducive, even now we're planning another visit. I encourage tourists/visitors to have a trial at this restaurant and I bet you'll be convinced. Thanks.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The weekend was finished off by a really lovely curry. Hidden down a great little turning out of the main Oxford area. The food and service was first rate. Such good value. Not sure how anyone could find a curry tasteless, this was far from it. Great evening from entering to exit. Sorry to be leaving Oxford.