“Joyfull Meal”

Ranked #139 of 629 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic American Smokehouse serving homemade burgers, tender steaks and a wide range of meat smoked from 12 - 24 hours. With a fully stocked bar, a variety of cocktails, a fridge full of American bottled beers and even more ales, lagers and ciders on tap, along with many more mocktails, milkshakes and massive challenges; there's nowhere better to release your inner carnivore. Herbivores however, are also both welcome and well catered to, with Chef's Specials, burgers and the best Mac & Cheese in Oxford.
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Joyfull Meal”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Went out for a quick bite to eat and happended across the Oxford Blue, figured it was a good a place as any to eat with my friends and was pleased with the overall service I was given, the place had a nice vibe to it and i genuinely enjoyed my time there, my advice? give it a go and you won´t regret it.

• Visited May 2014

London, United Kingdom
“A nice blue surprise”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Walking down the Cowley Road yesterday, I spotted this recently-opened place and, on a whim and a hunch, decided their coffee might be worth trying. Good decision.

I'm basing this on nothing more than one espresso to go, but this really was a remarkably good espresso - utterly lacking in the overburnt bitterness or insipid lack of flavour that you so often risk with an unknown coffee. Without getting into the pretentious wine-tasting area of language, this was aromatic and almost fruity in a way that I forgotten coffee could be. I predict this will become a place of pilgrimage for those for whom ordinary coffee will not do, and I wish it all the best.

• Visited April 2014
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Truly terrible food, don't eat here!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I've been to the Oxford Blue a year ago - the food had been lovely and delicious. However, this is no longer the case.
The kitchen was out of half the dishes and we had to change orders 3 times. Most items we were served did not match their description at all. The smoked salmon fish cake with dill had not an ounce of salmon in it. The whitebait was served in a batter and tasted like dry wood chips. The mozzarella tomato salad for £5 had 5 thin slices of cheap mozzarella, 5 watery slices of tomatoes a few basil leaves and was sprinkled with vegetable oil. I have no idea how the kitchen managed to overcook pork belly that much that it was completely dry and horrible. The bean salad consisted of 5 over cooked beans. As far as I could tell from the reactions at our table, none of the other main courses (duck, fish stew, burger) were much better than that.
Eat somewhere else - if at all, have only drinks here.

2 Thank see524
Oxford
“Terrible Food”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I went here last about 2 years ago and had a lovely evening with an excellent dinner.
Now coming back the experience was nothing like that anymore.
There was a very odd smell around the place as described by a previous reviewer. Its very much like when you clean out the hairs from your shower.

The food was just terrible. I am a very big eater and can not remember the last time I have ever not finished my main course in a restaurant (especially since we didn't have starters). I only made it half way through my "pork belly" which was just dreadful. Chewy and tasteless, only made worse by the completely undercook neeps and tatties and the 5 string beans which were flavourless and advertised as a bean salad.

We left as quickly as we could after dinner and I will never go back her for food. This was the worst dining experience I had since living in England for 7 years now.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank hwm86
London, United Kingdom
“Love the outdoor seating - more or less.”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The bartender was quite and unhelpful.
The waitress was moody and had a face on her.

However the beer is ok and I guess at the end of the day thats what you want a pub for which is nice to sit outside in the sun and enjoy - tad expensive for what it is.

It is in the middle of nowhere and unvisited. it is a shame it is a nice place.
I went there on a night there was music it was appalling.
The place just looks dark and not taken care of, things really need to change in order for it not to come to its end.

• Visited December 2013