“Good quality pub food with a top notch dessert!!!!”

Oxford Blue Smokehouse
Ranked #145 of 686 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic American Smokehouse serving homemade burgers, tender steaks and a wide range of meat smoked from 12 - 24 hours. With a fully stocked bar, a variety of cocktails, a fridge full of American bottled beers and even more ales, lagers and ciders on tap, along with many more mocktails, milkshakes and massive challenges; there's nowhere better to release your inner carnivore. Herbivores however, are also both welcome and well catered to, with Chef's Specials, burgers and the best Mac & Cheese in Oxford.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I went for an evening meal here in March. The pub is what I would describe as 'old style' with a shabby chic twist. Lots of local brews on tap which kept hubby pleased. The food was of a very good standard, especially the chocolate cake dessert which was quite fondant like and really yummy!!!! One thing to know is that the pub does not have its own car park therefore it is best to park on Iffley Road.

ChloeOmissi, Manager at Oxford Blue Smokehouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for reviewing The Blue! So glad to hear you loved the chocolate cake- it's a personal favourite of mine too! Parking is a bit of a nightmare at times I admit, with only a couple of bays opposite, but Iffley Road is thankfully only a minute away!
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Me and boyfriend went to the Oxford Blue last night for the first time. He has just moved to the area so we thought we would try it out. We had a great time. Even though it was a Sunday, there were still enough people around to give it a nice atmosphere. The staff were all lovely, particularly Chris who was chatty and helpful. We had three courses, drinks before hand and a bottle of wine, and though it wasn't that cheap it was definitely worth what we paid. The food was excellent, though the portion sizes were large which might intimidate some people (not us haha!) It was a lovely night and we shall definitely be back soon!!

Thank you for your great review! I will be sure to pass on your compliments to Chris, it's always great to hear such nice compliments. We look forward to seeing you at the Blue again soon!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We only went to the Oxford Blue because it was right next to the church of St John, where were going afterwards for a concert. Luckily it was a great choice. We both had hamburger, perfectly cooked and served with really delicious chips. I had a chocolate bread and butter pudding, which was probably a stodgy step too far after the burger, and was on the sickly side. The wine ( by the carafe) was very reasonably priced. Service was excellent - very fast and friendly. Goid value for money at £41 for both of us with wine. Would definitely go again.

1  Thank Byron R
ChloeOmissi, Manager at Oxford Blue Smokehouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit and am glad to hear we'll be seeing you again- we look forward to welcoming you back next time!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I really like this place. The food is excellent, there are a good range of well kept beers and the decor is spot on. Keep up the good work.

ChloeOmissi, Manager at Oxford Blue Smokehouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you BigT! Its always so nice to hear such positive feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The Oxford Blue was my favourite discovery over summer and, on the few days of sunshine we had, sitting outside I thought it was a really marvellous addition to the Cowley Road (or just off!) gastropub cohort.

The food is excellent, I think I ate the Fried Chicken with their amazing sauce roughly once a week for a bit! Since then I have been back many times with friends and family and happily recommend it to people as a good call for somewhere to eat in Oxford. As others have mentioned the Pheasant Scotch Eggs are really fabulous and they usually have some pretty interesting specials on. The Sunday roast is also very good.

However, my partner is reluctant to dine there at the moment as the menu is quite small, they haven't changed it for some time now and there's nothing on there that he wants to eat! The Korean Lamb is really good but I feel like it's been on the menu forever and personally I think the Chicken Escalope is a poor substitute for the Fried Chicken. So please, Oxford Blue, get started on your spring menu soon; I want to come back!

ChloeOmissi, Manager at Oxford Blue Smokehouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you, we're so glad you enjoyed spending time here over the summer, and our cracking fried chciken! Spring is certainly in the air today and we're thinking about our new menu...it's in the pipeline so do come back soon! If you add us on Facebook you'll be able to see as soon as we change over so you can dash straight in - you won't have to wait too long!