$363
$117
$105
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$92
$77
  • Pool
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

$159
$171
$162
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $185/night.

$473
$440
Priceline
1,003 results
All reviewsbusy publondon pridepub hotelchristchurch meadowsriver viewlovely pubsuperior roomchrist churchparking spacenespresso machinefantastic locationlovely roomtop floorfull englishbreakfast was includedcity centreold building
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The location seemed nice and the menu appeared to be okay. However I was expecting freshly cooked food but instead got a very poor 'quick pub meal'. Tasteless. Not impressed. Never seen 'straight' calamari like that.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Russiemagic
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed here during a very busy May bank holiday. The bar and restaurant were bursting at the seams but that didn't stop the staff from being very helpful and friendly. I didn't know that you had to book the car park but they still took time to help me out with this. We had lunch and drinks at the bar upon arrival and were politely warned about a long wait for the food but they kept our drinks topped up and the lunch was well presented once it arrived. The rooms are all themed around notable Oxford scholars and the one we stayed in is named' Sir Christopher Wren'. It was fairly well appointed with lots of character, lacking only a tea making facility but some great views over the river.
If you want to take in the sights and sounds of Oxford this is a great location and good value. The shops are just a short walk away and a riverside stroll is right at your feet. If you don't fancy walking you can hire a punt or a motor boat from the hire company next door. Fortunately we were blessed with great weather and hired a motor boat for a spin down the Thames which was well worth it. Really enjoyed our stay here and may well return.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view and don't forget to book the car park.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julian D
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We decided to stay here because of the closeness to the city and it's river side location and despite some very variable reviews. We booked direct in order to guarantee one of the limited car parking spaces, which is a real boon so close to the city.
We stayed on a bank Holiday weekend for 1 night, so our impressions are reached when the hotel is well stretched / chaotic. We found that the staff were always welcoming and pleasant and were a credit to the establishment, always appearing to have time and a smile for the customer despite the surrounding activity.
However the catering provided let the side down. My wife was served under-cooked pastry, cold mashed potato and overcooked vegetables when we ate in the late afternoon and although the hotel offered to exchange the meal, the fact was that the food was allowed out of the kitchen in the first place was deplorable. At breakfast we were given a drink then waited 15 minutes to be given a menu followed by a further 30 minutes to be presented with our food and were not offered toast. When it arrived the poached eggs were over cooked and the rest on the cool side of warm. This lack of attention to detail with the food quality is a real shame because of the considerate staff and the thoughtful presentation on the plate. I can only assume that they simply either could not cope with the demands of a busy bank Holiday weekend or had staff issues or an inexperienced chef, but that is hardly the client's concern..
To move on to our accommodation, our bed room was small but well appointed, had a very comfortable bed and a lovely twin aspect view over the river. It had good quality toiletries in the large bathroom which had a powerful shower but again, strangely, no shower cap. The room didn't have tea / coffee making facilities, yet another odd omission which I would normally expect.
Would we return / recommend the Head of the River? Well for it's wonderful position with parking and acceptable bedroom standard, yes. But as a venue then to eat, well sadly, no. Depends what you are looking for in a venue.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I spent an extremely pleasant night at this "inn" on the banks of the Thames and within walking distance of the City Centre (and pleasingly only 5 minutes from my meeting venue). While described as budget accommodation in other reviews, some people must have bigger budgets than others as I don't consider £100+ to be budget accommodation! However, that apart, the rooms in this establishment are excellent. As well as having their number, they are each themed with a famous person from different walks of life. I noticed the Roger Bannister room and the CArdinal Wolsey Room on the way to mine - the AA Milne room - particularly poignant as I staed on the day it was discovered hewas probably a spy for the english government in World war 1! The room was of a suitable size with ample storage space and space to work, including a writing desk seemingly form a Victorian schoolhouse. The pub and its accommodation has loads of character about it and the staff, particularly the guy who seemes to be in charge (I omitted to ask or observe his name) were extremely friendly and accommodating. The evening meals are a bit over-priced for "pub grub" but we are in Oxford! the beer is usual Southern England prices (ie expensive) and there is a suitable and pleasant choice. The breakfast, of which their website indicates their proudness, is cooked to order and was indeed delicious. The toast was made from well cut "proper" bread (rather than sliced) and I couldn't resist asking for more which was brought willingly and efficiently. Unusually, there are no coffee making facilities in the rooms but I was advised that coffee is always available by ringing reception and it would be brought! I didn't avail myself but quite unusual characteristic. Guests who stay out late to sample the delights of the City are able to access their rooms at any hour via a fire door for which a key is given and the staff are extremely accommodating about keeping bags on your day of departure. Overall, an extremely pleasant stay which I would heartily recommend even if a little overpriced.

Room Tip: River views are probably best. I didn't have one (which didn't bother me as I wasn't a tourist) so ask when booking.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel is in a wondeful location on the river and the pub very lively, but our room was at the back so it could have been anywhere. We had a twin room. For the price I would have expected two beds, rather than one bed and a chair-bed. The cooked part of breakfast was yummy, but the set up limited -- I would have appreciated some fresh fruit. It was very much a pub with rooms added on, rather than the other way around, so dont expect any type of personal service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends