$363
$117
$105
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

$159
$128
$242
$235
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$94
$76
  • Pool
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

$153
$149
$177
$172
$255
$150
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

$171
$162
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

$473
$440
Priceline
1,003 results
All reviewsbusy publondon pridepub hotelchristchurch meadowsriver viewlovely pubsuperior roomchrist churchparking spacenespresso machinefantastic locationlovely roomtop floorfull englishbreakfast was includedcity centreold building
Reviewed April 14, 2013

On a breezy Sunday afternoon, had the pleasure go good ale and food. The four of us had different mains, the Haloumi Cheese, their burger, the moules and a salad all of which were very tasty, good sized portions, served with a smile and very presentably so also. The view is lovely and generally otherwise impressed. Worth a visit especially when the sun is really shining, I would suggest.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had booked to go on a river trip yesterday but had arrived early and were wanting a light lunch. We came aross the Head of the River. It looked attractive and we went in and were not disappointed. We were very courteously greeted and ordered a light lunch with wine. The food, wine and service were all excellent and we would certainly be happy to return again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Firstly I would like to say that the location was excellent. When we arrived we received a warm welcome from the young man behind the bar ( think his name was Ben). He ordered us a taxi and took us to our room. The room itself was very clean and very nicely decorated. He also brought us a small fan heater as the radiators were not on and it was freezing. (We didnt ask, he bought it up on his own initiative).
When we went to hang our clothes up in the wardrobe we noticed there was not one coathanger in it and as we were in a hurry to go to a concert we did not ring down for any. Anyway upon return we had drink and retired to bed. We had a very comfortable sleep but I was cold as we didnt want to keep a fan heater on all night. But that was ok. When I had a shower in the morning and luckily didnt wash my hair as there was no hairdryer.
When we arrived downstairs for breakfast at 08.30 we noticed five out of the eight or nine tables were not cleared. We sat at our table and not one of the waiters came over to take our order.We went to the table set up with cereal and there was no juice and no milk. My husband went over to one of the waiters and asked him for some (Which he did bring out). After about 5 minutes still no one had come over to I went up to the other waiter who was standing near the checkout point behind the bar and asked him if he would come and take our order, which he did straight away. At no point in the hour we were down there were any of the tables cleared. Each time the waiter brought something out he did not think to clear off some thing off one on the tables, it just looked a mess. (I can only put this down to bad training).I must also mention that when we came down there was only one other person having breakfast, so they were not rushed off their feet).
The english breakfast my husband had was very good. This is so unfortunate because I would have recommended this Inn to my friends but the breakfast service was undoubtedly the worst I have ever experienced.
Also on the way out it was the first time I had seen a cleaner mopping AROUND the carpet !!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StephanieP551
Reviewed April 9, 2013

It was our first time to ever stay in a bed and breakfast, so I didn't really know what to expect. We went to Oxford, not only to sight see but visit with our son. This place isn't really in city centre but walking is good for us. Breakfast selection was very english and good. The restaurant/pub at night was very relaxing. Only downside to our stay was the stairs we had to climb to the top floor to our rooms, however, the staff were very kind enough to carry my luggage for me. The weather was kind of dreary while we were there so the River Thames wasn't all that I had expected, but a pleasant view nonetheless. Loved the family room, the C.S. Lewis room, we were in. This is a very laid back setting, which was just perfect for us. Highly recommended place, no hype no bull here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Room is a good size and really clean. Comfy bed. Good sized shower. View overlooking the river is gorgeous. Good breakfast too. Only downside is door is a bit thin so corridor sound filters through the room. Highly recommended though.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple