1,037 results
All reviewsbusy publondon pridechristchurch meadowspub hotelsunny daychrist church meadowriver viewlovely pubsuperior roomparking spacenespresso machinefantastic locationlovely roomtop floorcity centrebreakfast was includedfull english
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Firstly I would like to say that the location was excellent. When we arrived we received a warm welcome from the young man behind the bar ( think his name was Ben). He ordered us a taxi and took us to our room. The room itself was very clean and very nicely decorated. He also brought us a small fan heater as the radiators were not on and it was freezing. (We didnt ask, he bought it up on his own initiative).
When we went to hang our clothes up in the wardrobe we noticed there was not one coathanger in it and as we were in a hurry to go to a concert we did not ring down for any. Anyway upon return we had drink and retired to bed. We had a very comfortable sleep but I was cold as we didnt want to keep a fan heater on all night. But that was ok. When I had a shower in the morning and luckily didnt wash my hair as there was no hairdryer.
When we arrived downstairs for breakfast at 08.30 we noticed five out of the eight or nine tables were not cleared. We sat at our table and not one of the waiters came over to take our order.We went to the table set up with cereal and there was no juice and no milk. My husband went over to one of the waiters and asked him for some (Which he did bring out). After about 5 minutes still no one had come over to I went up to the other waiter who was standing near the checkout point behind the bar and asked him if he would come and take our order, which he did straight away. At no point in the hour we were down there were any of the tables cleared. Each time the waiter brought something out he did not think to clear off some thing off one on the tables, it just looked a mess. (I can only put this down to bad training).I must also mention that when we came down there was only one other person having breakfast, so they were not rushed off their feet).
The english breakfast my husband had was very good. This is so unfortunate because I would have recommended this Inn to my friends but the breakfast service was undoubtedly the worst I have ever experienced.
Also on the way out it was the first time I had seen a cleaner mopping AROUND the carpet !!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StephanieP551
Reviewed April 9, 2013

It was our first time to ever stay in a bed and breakfast, so I didn't really know what to expect. We went to Oxford, not only to sight see but visit with our son. This place isn't really in city centre but walking is good for us. Breakfast selection was very english and good. The restaurant/pub at night was very relaxing. Only downside to our stay was the stairs we had to climb to the top floor to our rooms, however, the staff were very kind enough to carry my luggage for me. The weather was kind of dreary while we were there so the River Thames wasn't all that I had expected, but a pleasant view nonetheless. Loved the family room, the C.S. Lewis room, we were in. This is a very laid back setting, which was just perfect for us. Highly recommended place, no hype no bull here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Room is a good size and really clean. Comfy bed. Good sized shower. View overlooking the river is gorgeous. Good breakfast too. Only downside is door is a bit thin so corridor sound filters through the room. Highly recommended though.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Take a long walk along the Thames, to Crowley, over the Donnington Bridge, to the Thames. At the end of a beautiful walk, you will find Head of the River. We were there in February, so we ate inside next to the wood burning fireplace. In the summer, you can eat outside. The food was great - I loved the fish and chips! My husband and son enjoyed the beer, too. It was a great ending to our beautiful morning walk!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Perfect choice, affordable and caring. Freezing cold weather lovely and warm. The restaurant has excellent quality food, although the service could sharpen up a bit. I like the room themes of famous classic Oxford grads, T S Elliot, Oscar Wilde and so on. A place I felt at ease, with a great staff attitude. I would stay again without hesitation, I just need an excuse now!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple