1,053 results
All reviews busy pub london pride christchurch meadows pub hotel sunny day christ church meadow river view lovely pub superior room parking space nespresso machine fantastic location lovely room top floor city centre breakfast was included full english
Reviewed April 9, 2013

It was our first time to ever stay in a bed and breakfast, so I didn't really know what to expect. We went to Oxford, not only to sight see but visit with our son. This place isn't really in city centre but walking is good for us. Breakfast selection was very english and good. The restaurant/pub at night was very relaxing. Only downside to our stay was the stairs we had to climb to the top floor to our rooms, however, the staff were very kind enough to carry my luggage for me. The weather was kind of dreary while we were there so the River Thames wasn't all that I had expected, but a pleasant view nonetheless. Loved the family room, the C.S. Lewis room, we were in. This is a very laid back setting, which was just perfect for us. Highly recommended place, no hype no bull here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Room is a good size and really clean. Comfy bed. Good sized shower. View overlooking the river is gorgeous. Good breakfast too. Only downside is door is a bit thin so corridor sound filters through the room. Highly recommended though.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Take a long walk along the Thames, to Crowley, over the Donnington Bridge, to the Thames. At the end of a beautiful walk, you will find Head of the River. We were there in February, so we ate inside next to the wood burning fireplace. In the summer, you can eat outside. The food was great - I loved the fish and chips! My husband and son enjoyed the beer, too. It was a great ending to our beautiful morning walk!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Perfect choice, affordable and caring. Freezing cold weather lovely and warm. The restaurant has excellent quality food, although the service could sharpen up a bit. I like the room themes of famous classic Oxford grads, T S Elliot, Oscar Wilde and so on. A place I felt at ease, with a great staff attitude. I would stay again without hesitation, I just need an excuse now!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Booked for a Friday night after having a night in Oxford with friends.... Really lovely room with the most comfortable bed ever!!! Overlooking river, so lovely view despite pouring rain! Pity the shower wasn't more powerful but still good enough. Lovely little shampoos etc in bathroom!
Pretty good price, looking around the city on a par with the rest. Definately would stay again and recommend to visitors.

• Stayed: March 2013