$363
$345
$105
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$92
$77
  • Pool
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

$159
$162
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $185/night.

$473
$440
Priceline
1,003 results
All reviewsbusy publondon pridepub hotelchristchurch meadowsriver viewlovely pubsuperior roomchrist churchparking spacenespresso machinefantastic locationlovely roomtop floorfull englishbreakfast was includedcity centreold building
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed here recently for 2 nights to attend wedding in Oxford. This is essential a pub with accomodation. Great location, right on the river & with easy walking access to all that Oxford has to offer. I booked a superior room at the front overlooking the river. We had a corner sopt so double aspect windows. Very quiet at night, all you could hear were the geese in the mornings. Room was average for this type of accomodation, slightly larger with 2 chairs for sitting. Large bathroom with shower which we both found incredibly difficult to operate but once you got it going it gave a good shower. The lighting in the bathroom is very poor for doing make up etc, they really need a light over the mirror. A few nice little touches provided like good quality toiletries, box of tissues etc. Tea/coffe making facility.
We booked a parking place when we made our reservation, a great bonus for Oxford, no charge & ours for the duration of our stay.
Tip top service. Nothing too much trouble. There is no proper reception, you check in/out at the bar. We were told if we wanted anything to ring 0 on the phone. As it was a very sunny busy weeked I did wonder but each time we had need to ring, whatever we wanted was provided immediately, despite the pub downstairs being incredibly busy. They even provided an ice bucket & flutes for a bottle of Prosecco we'd taken with us. Wide choice of cooked items at Breakfast to order from the menu & cooked fresh for you. We had the full English, yummy.
We ate lunch in the pub the last day with friends who joined us there & the food was first class, some of the best we've had in Oxford & great value too. I would recommend the Head of the River for a meal, even if you're not staying. We had unseasonably warm sunny weather when we were there & the large terrace is perfect for that, as lovely spot.
We would stay again.

Room Tip: Go for a superior room overlooking the river, well worth the small supplement.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TabbyWabby1
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed here recently as a group of mates. I didn't book it but I would say at £120 a night, it is pretty expensive for an average room. When we arrived early, the staff were really helpful, although the young guy was pretty irritating (doing everything in slow motion and making us all wait to go to our rooms as he had a big speech to give about the hotel - this in fact consisted of your room is upstairs and press that button to leave the building).

The room was fine, although the bathroom could do with a serious clean. Plenty of mould/mildew on the grouting and around the shower screen.

It's probably an £80 a night place but the Oxford premium seems heavy here.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Was moved to this hotel by another in the chain, due to a reservation problem. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Bar staff were aware of the choice of wine they had (not just "red" or "white". Breakfast, for this size of hotel was fine, with plenty of choice. Room was OK, but with an extremely comfortable bed. View across river. A small car park, but I managed to park, with the help of a member of staff.

Coud imagine that in the summer, the outside seating would be great.

Am not aware of the cost, as bill was picked up by the hotel I had planned to stay in.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2012

On a businness trip, I cam back to Oxford after a looong absence. I was last there when I was a teen-ager! I found this pub with accomodation through Tripadvisor and I am writing to confirm that it is really a GOOD choice! The location is a dream for a rowing 'fan' like me: right on the river, with a fantastic patio with well looked-after flowers. The room was very clean, ssentially comfortable – maybe something could be done about renovating the washbasins, still with hot and cold water taps separated. The food I had at dinner (they serve until 9 pm, then the pub takes over) was really really delicious: a smooth soup with potatoes and leeks, and a gorgeus plate of cheeses, among which a fantastic Oxford blue, accompanied by a chilli preserve that deserved a top vote! The atmosphere is casual, old-fashioned in the English pub style, but I just loved it and felt cocooned! Last but not least: as I was on my own and paying for a double room, they offered a discount of 30 GBP for every night of my stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We had a lovely one night stay for a weekend out of London. Around a mile from the train station or very close to one of the city sightseeing bus drop-offs which you can pick up at the train station. We arrived very early (11am) but were welcomed with a coffee and were able to store our bags until our room was ready (2pm). We had dinner on Saturday night in front of an open fire - it was rather quiet due to the snow that started falling however we were well looked after and thoroughly enjoyed our meal - the luxury fish pie was delicious. Breakfast was good with cereals, yoghurt and muffins and your choice of a cooked breakfast from a full english to eggs benedict. This is a Fullers pub and yes it is a pub so its not top quality but the location to various sights and its prosition on the river is great and it does have character rather than being another 'chain'. We woulkd stay again if back in Oxford.

Room Tip: Room 5 - overlooks the courtyard so could be noisy in the summertime other a good space.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple