“Low quality - high price”

All Seasons Guest House
Ranked #43 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
London, United Kingdom
“Low quality - high price”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Forget all about charming bed and breakfast; this is a partly worn down house run by people that cant possible take any pride in the quality they deliver. There were no personal service just a request for payment the minute you step in. The breakfast was low quality products and they couldn't even toast But at least is was clean. I'll not come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lars C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 23, 2013

the guest house is oke poor location. it's a long walk to Oxford. the hostess was very rude. she didn't speak proper English. And directly asked for the money. And she wanted it directly!!!. I wanted to pay with card but the machine didn't work, So she wanted cash right then. I didn't have enough cash in my pocket so I paid her 150 ponds and paid the rest later. she directly stepped in her car with the money and drove away. I was like ??? are you kidding me!!!. at my last morning I was thinking why would I pay the rest of the money. But as I am one of those fair people. I paid it any way. I will never stay there again. Next time I will find my self one of the truly English b&b's with the British standards of etiquettes. the man that served the breakfast is excluded from this he was very nice indeed. and had proper manners.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Malissa G

Travelers are raving about these Oxford hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I would be happy to pay half price for this room and service.
the shower is old the room is ok.
the people not friendly enough-
had a fight to pay by credit card..
they should improve their personal l service

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pha Y
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My immediate impression of the guest house was very good: the owner seemed friendly and our room was quite large with a LCD TV. However as is typical in England, the sink is very small, with separate hot and cold taps (so irritating); the bed linens had stains; and the worst part was the shower. I got in and tried to get wet but what came out of the shower head was essentially a light mist. After realizing I could barely get my body wet I opted to not risk washing my hair, thinking there was no way I'd actually be able to get out the shampoo with the poor water pressure. Friends of ours were staying in nearby rooms and they too complained about their showers, particularly that they didn't drain. The breakfast was very early and so I didn't take part - no comment there. Our room was very quiet - a definite pro. But for the price (80 pounds/night!!) I wouldn't stay here again. For that price, one should have a decent shower.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor with our own bathroom. Perhaps rooms on lower floors have better showers?
Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank FreyaAriane
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed early in the new year in a twin room. Check in was efficient and we were able to leave our car on site a little longer than our stay which was welcome.
Room was comfortable, although bathroom very cramped. More towels would have been good.
Location is good for hospital and on local bus routes to Oxford centre.
Breakfast was nice although stopped quite early.

• Stayed January 2013
Milano
Reviewed November 19, 2012

did a last minute booking
the place is ok if you were to spend half the charge
big rooms with good wifi..
but not so clean and the receptionists no so kind.
the location is fair pretty close to the center.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Axel L
London
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I just could not wait to get out of this place! This was the worst room I've stayed in in years.

PRO: The lady who runs the place is very nice, and offered to carry our luggage, and provided us with maps.

CONS: The whole place needed a really good clean. I've stayed in cleaner/better youth hostels.

I was staying in a downstairs room, next to the little waiting room. I guess this bedroom will be renovated at some point - as my friend was staying in a room with wooden floors compared to the grotty carpet in my room - but I think there needs to be a change of attitude with regards to cleanliness. And there were still big flaws with my friend's room.

While I could tell that my sheets had been washed, there was just a musty smell to them.

The furniture was horrendous and the towels... well, I'd be embarrassed if I gave them to someone to use. They didn't look like they'd been cleaned at a high temperature; I think my towel was supposed to have a white pattern on but it had turned grey...

There were thick layers of dirt and dust throughout the B & B - in the waiting room, and in my friend's room, too. There was mould in my friend's room. And my shower was one where the water takes ages to drain so you're standing in a pool of water.

I had a terrible night's sleep because I felt so uncomfortable. The musty smell on the bed was too much and the whole room was too depressing.

I think that a good hotel/B&B should make it seem as if no-one else had stayed there before - but in my room there was a half-filled and torn box of Kleenex tissues, my friend's room had just half a toilet roll left.

While the woman who runs it is nice, it is clear that whoever manages this place can't look at the broader picture/cleanliness as a whole. The whole place needs to be cleaned thoroughly - and regularly. It also needs a good lick of paint and the decor needs to be looked at/done with more taste. I didn't even want to sit in the chair in my room, it looked so grotty!

I paid £65 for one night, but as it was out of town, I spent more on taxis/buses. It was not worth the price.

I didn't have breakfast as I couldn't face it.

A friend of a friend booked this for us - so it was a rare occasion that I didn't look on Tripadvisor first. I have learnt my lesson!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends