“I wouldn't let my dog stay there” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of All Seasons Guest House

All Seasons Guest House
Ranked #43 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
“I wouldn't let my dog stay there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at All Seasons Guest house for 2 nights for a wedding.
When we arrived the lady couldn't wait for us to pay for our rooms and now I know why. If I had know what we were letting ourselves in for we would have run a mile!

Our en suite double room was nice enough, even tho there was a dirty pillow case in the sink when we arrived but didn't think much of it

When we arrived for our breakfast, all the tables were dirty. We took some dirty plates to the kitchen to indicate we had arrived but still no one came to tidy a table for us. In the end, I had to do it myself. I managed to find some clean cups and cutlery under a trolley in the dinning room. Eventually a women took our order. We were served a full English breakfast and on my first bite it was freezing cold! It was colder than room temperature! At this point I'm pretty angry and appalled at this service. We approached the lady to tell her our breakfast was cold but she just ignored us. On our second try she approached us, said nothing and took our plates. The women didn't even apologies or attempt to cook us another breakfast. The attitude was disgusting and never have I experienced such poor poor service. For £85 per night you as least expect an edible breakfast. Words don't discribe of how terrible this b&b was. As you can tell, we didn't attend breakfast the next day.

I'm not one to moan but I was so digested at how we was treated. If I have put people off going here then this review has been worthwhile.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jaybird2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a simple B&B with easy bus access to the city centre (about 15 mins). The hosts were very helpful when I asked for a ground floor room due to a damaged knee. My room was clean and tidy. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Yesterday I made a booking in this establishment due to its proximity to Oxford Brookes University. This morning I received a voicemail from them on my mobile and I was shocked how rude they were. The lady who left the voicemail said that she had no clue how I managed to make a booking online when they were "obviously fully booked". Then she said "you have to go now on the website where you booked your room and cancel it and you have to find yourself a room somewhere else".
Well, I happen to work in a hotel and I know how the whole booking process works. I understand that if you do not monitor your occupancy closely you can get overbooked but I feel they could at least apologize and offer me alternative accommodation + cover the difference in the price if there was any. I realize this is only a B&B but a little bit of kindness wouldn't kill them, especially if they want to have any guests in less busy periods.
Judging by their attitude and "professionalism" in this case, I would strongly advise everyone not to choose this guest house.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank M B
allseasonsguesthouse, Manager at All Seasons Guest House, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
We are very sorry for the matter. We have a system problem which happens not only to us. In consequence, we tried our best to communicate with the guest involved by calling and in the event our call was not successful we leave a voice message and send an email. In this occassion, we were able to send an email with words stating "If you have any queries or you want some help in finding a room, you can call us anytime and we will be glad to assist you". If the voice message gave a negative impression, we are very sorry about that but with all honesty that is the least thing we wanted our guest to feel. Yes we are fully booked on the requested date but we communicated to the guest ASAP to make necessary arrangements with an ample time.The booking was received on June 14, 2012pm for June 18, 2012 accommodation.
We called/left a voice message and send an email at 9am onwards of June 15, 2012 but we received no reply only today thru this remarks.Again, we apologize for the matter.

Travelers are raving about these Oxford hotels

united kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed at all seasons last May 19, 2012. I arrived at 9am which is very early for check in time which is 2pm nevertheless i was greeted by a cheerful and welcoming lady. She assisted me politely and allowed me to leaved my luggage as i am attending a meeting in town.After a series of conversation i realized that she is also doing breakfast so i then leave instead of asking more questions whereabout town/ usual registration queries. During breakfast, i am a bit early at 8am since breakfast during weekend starts at 8:30am but then the lady offered me coffee/tea and a toast/cereals while she do my cooked breakfast. I just feel i hassled the lady a lot but still she was polite and friendly. The cooked breakfast was excellent, i just hope i got mushrooms too as other guest house served and disregard the chips.Also there was no selection of fresh fruits just apples and no pastries at all just toast.Overall my stay was comfortable and the room price is a bit expensive with limited breakfast choices. Definitely i will stay with the guest house again considering the welcoming service i received.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank marianne g
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

it is close to the center,
the wifi is strong.
the rooms just ok.
should have paid half price to feel better

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

i stayed at all seasons guesthouse last April 30, 2012 for 2 nights and since i am by myself and have no idea of oxford i have a lot of questions to ask with the lady who give me my room keys.She is very helpful and give me ideas what to visit in oxford.She also suggest that instead of buying a single bus ticket i should buy a return so it will cost me less which is true.Breakfast was good and when she noticed that i left a portion of egg yolk on my plate she ask me if she made it wrong and how i wanted my scramble egg to be cook the following day.Everything is good i just dont eat egg yolk. She talk to other guest who were eating breakfast and ask if their stay was good as well. Overall, staying in the guest house is like staying in the comfort of your own home...very friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank rike s
Bath, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

All Season's - except for winter it seems! I was so cold I had to sleep in my clothes!
We spent the coldest, grubbiest and most ridiculous night of our lives here. The tent I slept in in a muddy field at the Glastonbury festival would get more stars than this place.

We had chosen this B&B due to it's location. My OH was having an operation at the hospital the next day very early so we wanted to be close.

We arrived in the dark (it was only March) and after paying a stupid amount of money were led into the garage - a cold, damp smelling converted garage in the garden placed behind the 'car park'. There was heating, it didn't work, and when we rang the number to ask about the heating he said it would be warm by morning (the lady that checked us in there had gone home, there were only guests in the B&B, is that even allowed?). The heating never worked so we slept in my clothes over my PJ's, I could see my breath while in bed! Which actually was a really nice bed, comfy and probably the only thing going for the place. I'd have probably slept in the car if it hadn't been.

The next day we were up early - mostly to move the car - their 'car park' has spaces for three cars, the B&B has 7+ rooms - You cannot park your car here unless you're really quick or you don't mind blocking everyone in. Freezing cold I decided to brave the shower, it didn't work, it wasn't hot and there was no pressure, it was a dribble really - not a massive issue for me, it was too flippin' cold for me to even contemplating taking my clothes off however you need to be able to have a shower with medicated soap if you're about to have an operation. It was a disaster. I complained on the day after the yucky breakfast but was fobbed off - since the B&B owner has failed to return my emails, maybe he'll notice this?

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple