“Superb Sunday roast”

The Rickety Press
Ranked #33 of 627 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Recently received a place in the good food guide 2013 after only 18 months. Thank you to everyone who has supported us along the way.Propped up a stones throw from the city center, the Rickety Press has fast become one of the go too foodie destinations in Oxford. Boasting a menu packed with locally sourced ingredients and top-notch suppliers, their kitchen has planted its refined, yet simple offering firmly on the map; whatever the Kitchen decides to cook, you can rest assured the dishes will be super tasty and highly accessible. Established favorites include its superb sharing steaks & their homemade made ice-creams set alongside an ever-changing choice of seasonal dishes. Behind the bar you will also find a refreshing variety of craft beers, cask marked ales, considered wines and house cocktails, drafted into a drinks list offering the perfect choice of tipples for every stage of your meal.
Bracknell
“Superb Sunday roast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

A friend suggested we visit the Radcliffe Arms when we asked for a recommendation for Sunday lunch in Oxford. After a bit of research we discovered the Radcliffe had gone and had been replaced by the Rickety Press. We thought we'd give the new place a go anyway as the reviews on trip advisor were positive. What we found exceeded our expectations and we were very impressed with the surroundings, service and most importantly the food! There were six of us in the group and we had a variety of the Sunday roasts on offer and all were excellent. I had the beef and was delighted with it, it was the best roast I'd had in a very long time. A lovely relaxed lunch with good food and great company.

Marbella, Spain
“RUDE AND OBNOXIOUS”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Last Wednesday evening I went along with two friends to try the Rickety Press. I have pleasant memories of the premises when it was the Radcliffe Arms, always a good boozer. On arriving at 8.40pm to a half empty premises we ordered three pints and asked the barman if we could have a table for a meal. He suggested that we ask the front of house which I duly did. I was told in a very forthright and rude manner that the kitchen stopped work at 9.30pm and as they were behind with the orders and we would not be welcome. Customer service must come bottom of the list in this establishment and I am thankful that I am not the owner as with staff like this I wound not be in business for long. We won't be back!

4 Thank David W
Stourbridge,West Midlands
“This is why it is in the good food guide”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I visited The rickety Press for Sunday Lunch.Don't be put off by the road it is in as this place serves very good food with nice presentation and in a nice atmopshere.
Portions are an appropriate size and with good service to match this place ticks all the boxes.
Well done and keep it up.

Melbourne, Australia
“clean and tidy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Didn't have a meal here. Clean and tidy. Contemporary style pub with a lot of light. Very nice conservatory out the back.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A shame about the first partridge....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Three of us came on a recommendation and looking at the Sunday lunch menu it was brilliant. I chose the partridge roast. It looked fantastic when it arrived. Well presented and a nice twist on the classic roast. I took the first slice from the partridge breast. Lovely. Unfortunately only top of the partridge was cooked. Not a bit pink but raw! We politely pointed this out to the waiter who with out quibble brought out a full fresh plate pretty quickly. The second partridge was fine.

The atmosphere in this place was amazing. The menu brilliant but raw game is almost unforgivable to be honest. The bill came, we were charged full price for my meal and there was no apology or mention of the issue. Not the best impression to give for what was unsafe food served.

I would bd willing to give this place another try.

1 Thank FwilsonC