“Pretty but overpriced and tasteless”
Review of Georgina's Cafe

Georgina's Cafe
Ranked #303 of 673 Restaurants in Oxford
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Georgina’s is a small café located inside the Covered Market. It’s actually located on a second story, so you have to walk up a flight of stairs to get to a small loft-like area. The walls are decorated with movie posters, both old and new. I had a toasted plain bagel and a hot chocolate, £3 and £2.50 respectively. The bagel was nothing special – after all, it was a plain bagel. What really disappointed me, though, was the hot chocolate; it was basically just hot water.

One of my friends also had a bagel, except she ordered one with cream cheese. It cost her one pound more. In my opinion, the cream cheese wasn’t worth the extra pound. Another friend ordered a Melting Moment Panini, which had turkey, brie, and garlic butter. For £5.50, the cheese wasn’t really melted, and the garlic butter tasted non-existent. Good on paper, but the execution fell flat.

If you’re eating in Oxford, I would go somewhere other than Georgina’s. The fun posters on the wall couldn’t cover up the fact that the over-priced food and drinks were just disappointing.

For pictures and an in-depth review:

1  Thank tworedsuitcases

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My second trip upstairs and down the hall, and it was just as great as the first time! A number of friends who are connected to the University recommended it, and one cool afternoon one of them finally led me up the stairs to this gem. That was so long ago that I hadn't even discovered Trip Advisor, so I HAD to go this time to see if it was as good as I remembered.

It IS! Absolutely charming, relatively quit and the best bacon baguette I have ever eaten.

Not health food, but good for the soul.

Of course there are other items available, but why mess with success.

Highly recommend

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were taken here for lunch by a friend who knew about it. We liked it so much we went back again. It is tucked away upstairs in the Covered Market, so not too obvious. Still it seems very popular and for good reason, it is worth the wait. It is very relaxed, comfortable & cosy. Lots of posters on the ceiling and funky painted walls. A good selection of wraps, paninis, sandwiches, soups and baked goods. A good place to meet friends and chat over tea. Not too expensive either. Next time we are in Oxford we will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Georgina's cafe was just what we hoped we'd find after a long, cold (but wonderful) morning's sightseeing; as soon as we reached the top of the stairs we knew we'd made the right choice. It looked and felt inviting, the staff were friendly, the soup was delicious and filling; we'll have the cake next time....

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Always busy but always worth the wait! Small, intimate setting with a laid back casual feel. Food especially scrumptious and we can recommend the nachos with a hearty bowl of chilli. My 10 year old son and I have visited Oxford 4 times and have made Georginas the place to stop for lunch on every occassion.