All reviews car park city centre full english busy road abingdon road breakfast room yogurt tea and coffee making facilities b and b christ church twin room very pleasant stay comfortable beds main road min walk breakfast was excellent home from home
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely
Stay at Newton house - good sized, comfortable rooms very helpful staff. Great breakfast with a choice of hot and cold
foods. The free parking was also a plus. Newton house is ideally located on Abingdon road near the park and ride so it’s easy and cheap to get into
Oxford. We would definitely stay again

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

I booked this guest house for one night with my mother and sister- an overnight on our way elsewhere. The parking is not well sign posted and we struggled to find it. We arrived early and knocked on the door to confirm reservation. The lady who answered the door was rude and not very accommodating. We were put in a room facing the street. No glazing on the windows meant that the noise was dreadful all night long. There is no air conditioning in the room, and so we had to keep the window open allowing more noise into the room. It was a VERY UNPLEASANT NIGHT. I also paid the same amount for this room... no price change for an inferior room. They were not accommodating about us needing to leave at 8am and therefore needing breakfast 15 minutes earlier. How hard is it to help your guests have breakfast just a little earlier? I have been to many places that have been able to be accommodating on early departures. There was not fridge in the room either which is annoying. Something you expect. There was also some one else’s underwear in the drawer when we arrived. Disgusting! Overall I would not recommend this place to anyone. Highly disappointed for the price.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2018

good value. Not luxurious but comfortable, very clean; ensuite, excellent breakfast choices (continental & full, on request), really pleasant staff. Really nice old house, but updated. Abingdon Road a bit noisy; good walk (1/2 hr.) to town square. Would stay again.

Room tip: hotel itself very quiet. Front street a little noisy.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

A birthday trip to Oxford and this seemed the best place to stay in terms of value and location. The room was spotless and nicely decorated. The beds lovely and comfy.

On arrival we were given a key presumably by the owner and told to come back at 2pm as the room wasn’t ready. Fair enough as we had arrived a little early. We weren’t shown to it though and there was nobody about when we did check in. Lugging luggage up three flights in the heat was no easy task!

Breakfast was decent and plentiful and the waitress was kind and polite.

It certainly lacked a personal touch though and we felt as if we were a nuisance rather than paying guests when we turned up. No conversation or small talk. I had informed them it was my wife’s 40th birthday treat but no special touches were laid on. Saying that I suppose I’m being overly picky.

Great location though and I’d recommend the pub on the way into town and the restaurant away from it, five minutes walk away.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Just read the 2 bad reviews on here: Didn’t notice any of the ‘faults’ they mentioned.
We found it clean, tidy, breakfast was great - any combo you wanted, cooked fresh. The room was clean & beds comfortable. Staff were helpful & very nice.
Short walk from Oxford Uni & City Centre.
Free parking.
Great pub a couple blocks away..
We paid £298 for 3 nights B&B for 2 of us: Given the location, I think this was pretty good value.

Date of stay: May 2018