All reviews car park city centre full english busy road abingdon road breakfast room yogurt tea and coffee making facilities b and b christ church twin room very pleasant stay comfortable beds main road min walk breakfast was excellent home from home
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

A birthday trip to Oxford and this seemed the best place to stay in terms of value and location. The room was spotless and nicely decorated. The beds lovely and comfy.

On arrival we were given a key presumably by the owner and told to come back at 2pm as the room wasn’t ready. Fair enough as we had arrived a little early. We weren’t shown to it though and there was nobody about when we did check in. Lugging luggage up three flights in the heat was no easy task!

Breakfast was decent and plentiful and the waitress was kind and polite.

It certainly lacked a personal touch though and we felt as if we were a nuisance rather than paying guests when we turned up. No conversation or small talk. I had informed them it was my wife’s 40th birthday treat but no special touches were laid on. Saying that I suppose I’m being overly picky.

Great location though and I’d recommend the pub on the way into town and the restaurant away from it, five minutes walk away.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Just read the 2 bad reviews on here: Didn’t notice any of the ‘faults’ they mentioned.
We found it clean, tidy, breakfast was great - any combo you wanted, cooked fresh. The room was clean & beds comfortable. Staff were helpful & very nice.
Short walk from Oxford Uni & City Centre.
Free parking.
Great pub a couple blocks away..
We paid £298 for 3 nights B&B for 2 of us: Given the location, I think this was pretty good value.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

Location OK and with parking but that’s the end of the good points.
Very dated, shabby, unkept, not particularly clean and way overpriced, with an owner clearly focused on profit over customer experience.
Worst place I have stayed in and worst value for money at over £130 per night.
Cooked breakfast with a hair was the final straw. It would have probably been the tastiest bit, but thankfully I noticed it in time.
One for The Hotel Inspector or Rip Off Britain.
Won’t be recommending or staying here ever again.
Luckily only 2 nights and glad to leave to continue the holiday at much nicer places. Couldn’t leave quick enough.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2018

I went for graduation of my boyfriend, and we stayed with our family. It was a nice place, very clean and the breakfast was excellent. They offer buffet and english breakfast (choose this option please).

You can walk to town, it's 25 mins.

Foreign staff was quite good.

Room tip: The top one!
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Christian V
Reviewed May 28, 2018

Situated on a busy road so easy to see as the traffic was slow. No obvious signs for a car park so we took the turn immediately before the small Londis supermarket. Again no sign but we were able to see a small turning next to two garages which took us behind the building.
A very friendly welcome and shown to our room. Lovely room at the front, spacious with tea/coffee making facilities and water. The bathroom was a good size, a lovely shower. I personally would have liked a small shelf to leave toiletries on, but take nothing away, it was lovely. Also the toiletries provided were a nice touch. Perhaps could be better by having three fragrances that match rather than three different ones. Not at all major, a lovely touch.
The hot breakfast was cooked fresh to order and there was plenty of other options for a more continental style. There was a confusion as we requested fried bread and it arrived in a toast rack rather than with the breakfast, again it was not a problem.
Only 10 -15 mins walk to the centre though there were several buses available.
All in all we were very happy with our stay and would not hesitate to stay here again