All reviewsthe buscity centrebanbury roadprunessummertown shopsbreakfast was deliciouson arrivalsmall hotelbiscuitsminute walknorth oxfordtop floorsingle roomcomfortable bedb and byogurtguest house
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

I was in a bit of a rush when i booked this and like many i thought this was a hotel. It isnt! However it is a high end guest house b and b. I did consider cancelling but as i wouldnt be refunded i thought i best give it a chance. i was so glad we did. We were met at the door by the manager nes. He was extremely polite and helpful. The place was spotless and has about 15 rooms in the main house and a couple of departments outside. The room we had was waiting to be refurbished but was still very nice at the top of the house. It had all the facilities of a hotel room but was on a smaller scale. There were tea and coffe making facilities a television. A hairdryer a phone. The bed was really comfortable. The en suite was small but the shower was great. You dont really want for anything else. The breakfast in the morning was excellent the only slight issue is that is a little restrictive as its only between 8.30 and 9.30 but the fare on iffer was as good as any hotel. Mr Nes the manager can not be any more helpful and has a great knowledge of where to go and how to get around. We travelled down on the train so i have no knowledge of the parking facilities i am afraid. It is located 20 yards from a bus stop which takes you right into oxford city centre

All in all a great little place and the acid test is would we stay there again the answer would be yes. The only slight criticism would be the price it is a tad expensive i feel, but i am from the north. Maybe 20quid a night over but if that is all i have to complain about its not too bad. I have stayed in far more expensive place and had worse service and attitude.

The location is about 10 minutes on a bus out of the city centre so ideally located. We intend to go back soon

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank paul s
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

We've had two nights here. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and very well furnished. The breakfast is home made and with various choice. Overall our host makes his best to make us feel like home. With humour and efficiency! We did appreciate a lot. Everything was perfect! We deeply recommend this address.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Nadia S
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely stay at Burlington House. Very comfortable room. Homely feel to the house. Breakfast was very good. The owner was so friendly and couldn't do enough for you. I will definitely be back. Thank you.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Michele S
Reviewed September 15, 2017

This is a B&B, which means that rooms have been adapted to suit their current use. We had an ensuite shower room which was functional for us--only one person at a time--but would have been problematic for a large or tall person. The room was reasonably quiet, considering that the house is on a busy street. The breakfasts were adequate. The host was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

This B&B (not hotel) is like that colleague at work who your manager will praise reluctantly to you and the higher management, building up a great reputation via word of mouth but really she's just sleeping with the manager and is actually pretty shocking at her job. 5 star? No way. Pricey 3 star? Maybe. The breakfast was limited, poorly cooked and served by staff who had no understanding of what I was saying. No features stood out to me at all, even the welcome was so try hard I felt like I was meeting one of my children's new boyfriends who was desperate to make a good impression.

Price we paid: 125