“Best Breakfast I have ever had in the UK”
Review of Oxfork - CLOSED

Oxfork
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A lovely cafe in East Oxford famous for our egg-celent brunches and seasonal specials. We now also serve our own take on tapas (with a British, local food twist) on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have visited twice and both times have had to wait for a table (no longer than 1/2 hour) but, the wait is very much worth it.

Relaxed setting and amazing food. I've had the eggs plate and the full english (with a pancake on the side). The full english was my absolute favourite and resonably priced as well as fantastic value for money for the county - having eaten at various places in Witney which cost more or the same but the quality and quantity cannot be compared.

The pancakes were the best I have had since my holiday in california, one bite transported me back to the infamous richard walkers pancake house in san diego.

Forget all the other places in Oxford and Oxfordshire this is THE Best place to get breakfast in the country/this side of the atlantic from the coffee, juice to the food.

My only criticisim (if you can call it that) is that we were sat between 2 people on their laptops who had quite clearly been there for a long time having ordered very little. Whilst we were sat down we saw people leave from the queue, to stop this and have more happy people sat down maybe have a limit on tables for breakfast? or not encourage laptop use at weekend breakfast times.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Very laid back and overflowing onto the pavement in this off Cowley Rd backwater. I had the special (beef curry - excellent). My wife's salad was good too but had some unidentified vegetable material that had the characteristics of green string. Even goats would struggle. Delicious, huge brownies. Recommended.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Visiting my son in Oxford he took me to Oxfork for lunch. We ate alfresco in warm spring weather. What a delight. Good food great service and ambience. Prices very reasonable. Forget the street cafe's of Paris or Rome this was great. Off the tourist track and all the better for it.
I heartily recommend a visit.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Quirky by name quirky by nature...... This little gem of a cafe surpasses all expectations. As a Mercedes finance employee it is so refreshing to venture into the anti-corporation world of the ox-fort. With friendly faces and a passion for providing great service, waiters such as Kevin (or 'Kev' as he lets me and my fiancé call him these days) and such a wide variety of locally sourced products, the taste buds are taken on a roller coaster adventure - much like Futuroscope for the mouth. With my wage package the additional extras are suitably within budget (£1.85 per extra item). A breakfast can be yours for a mere twenty pounds a head; brilliant value when compared to expensive eateries.

Kevin demonstrated a wealth of knowledge on the quirky alternative to baked beans, why offer normal beans? When 'becky's beans' are an evident crowd pleaser. My fiancé lapped up the hand picked (by becky), slow roasted beans. Far superior to the banality of Heinz. With the melange of flavours offered by the tomato sauce, who needs the second deadly sin of Heinz..... tomato ketchup, the death eater of the traditional fry up.

Saying vegetarians are catered for is an understatement, my fiancé who is a self proclaimed veggie had no problems tucking into the perfectly seasoned bubble and squeak (again additional fee required).

In sum, provided you're prepared to spend that little bit extra for an extremely comprehensive breakfast in quirky surroundings this is your place.

2  Thank Chorn123
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My daughter, an Oxford student and forever on the lookout for new places to eat suggested that we go for lunch. Don't get me wrong, I like the laid back, quirky, eclectic athmosphere with mismatched china but.....chipped mismatched china is another thing, tables not being cleared promptly and possibly wiped down. The food was nice, good selection of tasty salads, wine reasonably priced but, another but overall it was not my kind of place. There are so many places to eat in Oxford that I probably won't return.

2  Thank Brid1