“Great Coffee, shame about the staff!”
Review of The Buttery

The Buttery
Ranked #30 of 45 Coffee & Tea in Oxford
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I have visited the buttery several times, and every time I do I feel like I am getting in the way of conversations between the staff. They don't seem to understand basic manners and act like thy are rushing you through even when it's not busy. However, the cakes and coffee are some of the best I have found yet living in Oxford. Maybe the staff just need better training?

1  Thank Oxfordlass1

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were able to sit out in the morning sun in the centre of Oxford. The menu is traditional with hearty portions, well cooked. Excellent drinks, and very reasonable.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

It's not obvious that it's counter service here - good job we asked. The staff weren't very smiley or welcoming. My drink was almost missed and the cake delivered to me was wrong. My husbands order was correct and his slice of cake HUGE. Food was okay, drinks okay, service adequate (they got the food to the table.) wouldn't recommend or return.

2  Thank VikkiHB
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Last week I had a really lovely brunch here.. the staff was nice, the food (panini) was OK although the place it self is a bit dated. But i'm definitely coming back.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Four of us ate ate here in the centre of the city following a highly educational walking tour after which on a cold January saturday we were in need of some sustenance. Eats included sausage rolls (king size) soup ( Good if a little cold but reheated on request) delicious apple strudel washed down with pots of tea and a herbal. Our bill came to £11.95 and our friends spent about £8+ on their snack; reasonable value for a bright cafe located close by the efficient and friendly tourist info office.